Bandwidth logo

Bandwidth

4.1 | Raleigh, NC | Computer Software | 501 to 1000 Employees

A message from Bandwidth

At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband Learn more

Posted a week ago on Oct. 16, 2020

Voice Escalation Analyst

Full-time in Raleigh, NC
See at-a-glance how well companies like Bandwidth support the things that are important to you.
4.9
4.8
4.7
4.6
4.6
Bandwidth is a computer software company headquartered in the Raleigh, NC area with 501 to 1000 employees. Bandwidth has a 4.1-star InHerSight Score, based on 142 ratings from 9 employees. Employees have left 7 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Who We Are:

Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.

At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND.  We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves.  #jointheband

What We Are Looking For:

The Voice Escalation Analyst is responsible for providing technical customer support for the wholesale and enterprise product offerings. This position requires technical expertise in Local and Wide Area Networks, Router Configurations, SMS Messaging, VOIP and SIP Trunking. Excellent customer services skills along with strong communication skills are required for this position. This role works in a normal office environment. What shift? Shift work with potential on-call support.

What You'll Do:

• Provide technical support to customers for Business Solutions voice, SMS, and 9-1-1 via phone, email, and ticket updates
  • Professional communications with customers in troubleshooting reported issues
  • Partner with Local Exchange Carriers in resolving customer network (LAN/WAN) issues
  • Manage ticket progress to address and resolve customer issues within Service Level Agreement requirements
  • Partner with customer’s IT support personnel in resolution of issues
  • Assist with troubleshooting customer’s routers included in VOIP and SIP networks
  • Escalation point for chronic or intermittent issues
  • Work with internal teams/departments including Engineering and NOC, as well as customers on escalations
  • Provide updates to upper management (Director/VP level) to make them aware of tickets or issues that could be escalated in addition to providing status updates and action plans.

What You Need:

• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
  • Must have legacy telephony experience
  • Demonstrated understanding of carrier networks
  • Ability to isolate issues on multi-hop telephone calls
  • Familiar with UDP and Application layers
  • Familiarity with TDM and/or IP PBX operations.
  • Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) experience is required
  • Customer ticketing system knowledge such as SalesForce, Remedy, Zendesk, etc.
  • Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
  • Acute attention to detail
  • Outstanding customer service skills
  • Excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal & written)
  • Must be a solution oriented problem solver
  • Team player with the ability to work well independently
  • Ability to read SS7 traces as needed.

Extra Credit:

• Experience with SONUS SBCs or Class 5 switches  is desirable
  • Skill in Public Switching Telephone Network (PSTN) is desirable

The Whole Person Promise:

We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team.  You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth.  We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.

• Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability.  Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
  • Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues.  Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
  • Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.

Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice