Bandwidth logo

Bandwidth

4.1 | Raleigh, NC | Computer Software | 501 to 1000 Employees

A message from Bandwidth

At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband Learn more

Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 15, 2020

sr systems engineer

Full-time in Raleigh, NC
See at-a-glance how well companies like Bandwidth support the things that are important to you.
4.9
4.8
4.7
4.6
4.6
Bandwidth is a computer software company headquartered in the Raleigh, NC area with 501 to 1000 employees. Bandwidth has a 4.1-star InHerSight Score, based on 142 ratings from 9 employees. Employees have left 7 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Who We Are:

Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.

At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND.  We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves.  #jointheband

What We Are Looking For:

We are looking for a passionate and talented Sr. Systems Engineer to join our growing team and help take our applications to the next level. You will be given a high level of responsibility with the freedom and the potential to make an immediate impact.

What You'll Do:
  • Operate, maintain, and design Bandwidth’s mission-critical infrastructure and ancillary components.
  • Work closely with development and network engineering teams to fulfill infrastructure operational needs.
  • Enhance existing automation, and build new automation where needed.
What You Need:
  • Ability to automate and orchestrate using Ansible.
  • Excellent communication skills and a delivery oriented focus.
  • Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
  • RHCSA or RHCE certification or equivalent or related Linux administration experience.
  • Operational experience with virtualization technologies - RHEV/oVirt, KVM, VMware.
  • Operational experience with enterprise storage technologies such as NetApp ONTAP.
  • Operational experience with load balancing technologies such as F5 LTM.
  • Operational experience with server platforms such as Cisco UCS.
  • Scripting ability in one or more of Bash, Python, Perl, or other.
  • Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly available and fault tolerant systems.
  • Experience with public clouds (ex: AWS) and hands on knowledge of building and automating cloud-based environments.
  • Experience in operating a 24x7x365 customer focused environment.
  • Experience in system performance analysis on linux systems.
Extra Credit:
  • Experience or familiarity with OpenShift.
  • Advanced skills and experience with container technologies like Docker.
  • Advanced skills and experience with container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes.
  • Experience or familiarity with the Elastic Stack - Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats, and Kibana.

The Whole Person Promise:

We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team.  You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth.  We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.

• Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability.  Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
  • Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues.  Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
  • Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.

Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice