Avanade

A message from Avanade

With a commitment from leadership, we have created innovative programs and standard processes to create a welcoming environment where everyone thrives. Learn more

Score based on 2,048 ratings from 128 participants

3.2
2.9
Female Representation in Leadership
2.7

Comments

Like the cementers before me have said though, there are a lot of issues. They're hard (for me) to report because most of the problem employees are Manager/Director level. At those levels, everyone is so buddy buddy that it's really truly difficult to believe anything will get done. What point is there in putting yourself through the stress of reporting something where you will end up being dismissed?

Great place to work. Always trying to be inclusive.

I was responsible for a specific topic, which meant that I was the point person for employees that had questions, or teams that needed to learn more about the topic. I was once on a phone call where several higher managers were asked to join so that I could explain this topic to them, how it impacted the employees they were supervising on their current project, the steps that needed to be taken, and so on. One of the managers piped up to call me out on a particular hypothetical technicality related to the topic I was discussing. He specifically called me out and told me that I was wrong. Respectfully, literature had only come out in the past 8 months which contradicted him, and clarified the government's position on the question he raised, but when I told him respectfully that he was incorrect and then explained the clarification and how we would resolve the hypothetical issue he raised he scoffed at me and said "Well..." and then hung up on me in the middle of the phone call with everyone else still on the line. It was extremely rude, and obvious that the only reason he hung up was because he felt that his position and gender entitled him to rightness but he wasn't going to argue that with me over the phone in front of other people. I had at this time been regarded as the expert within the company on this topic for over a year. While I said nothing once he hung up, and instead continued with the meeting so as not to draw further attention to it, this has stuck with me as representative of how some may treat you if you happen to be a) a woman, and b) younger, and c) have a lower job title than the person you are speaking to here - especially if you happen to be more knowledgeable than a higher up on a particular issue.

Women are treated differently than men. We have very few female executives and very few females reporting directly to executives. When new hires are announced the majority are male. It is difficult to climb the ladder here as a female.

Gender equality isn't only about how we encourage women in the workplace. If 70+% of the workforce is male, we need to address issues from multiple perspectives. I am not a fan of this survey, specifically in the way it represents parental leave. One of the reasons why there's an imbalance in our workforce is we treat parental leave differently for men and women.

Want to be a part of next-gen women in technology? So do we.

We believe in making a genuine human impact in everything we do. We transform businesses, uncover ways technology can improve the way we work and live, and change the world for the better. All this through the power of our people and cutting-edge Microsoft technology. If you want to build your skills, gain unrivaled experience and become the best at what you do, there’s no place better.
Opportunity is everywhere. We’ll help you find it.

Our Commitment To Diversity And Inclusion

As the world’s leading digital innovator on the Microsoft platform, we solve complex challenges. What might look messy behind the scenes ends up creating a smooth and enjoyable user experience. Our focus on innovation and excellence applies to diversity and inclusion, too. With a commitment from leadership, we have created innovative programs and standard processes to create a welcoming environment where everyone thrives. We strive to provide a smooth and enjoyable user experience for our diverse employee workforce. For us, it’s not so much about making it look easy; it’s about easing the path for women and others to be the best at what they do.

Avanade is a place where women can learn, grow and succeed through on-the-job experience, professional development and mentoring. We are dedicated to bringing more women into STEM careers with programs like our 15 for 15 Scholarships, which are helping women pay for their degrees at select universities around the world.

But we know that bringing women into the field isn’t enough—they must have room to grow and advance. Avanade has boundless opportunities for all our employees to pursue their personal and professional goals through interesting work with smart people who are passionate about using technology to make the world a better place.

As long as Microsoft continues to empower people to achieve more, Avanade will empower our people to do more with technology and with their careers.

Employee Resource Groups

With us, you’ll have access to a variety of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to keep you connected and supported throughout your career at Avanade. These groups capitalize on the energy, passion, and experience of our employees to foster inclusion and create a more aware organization.

Our current teams include LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Questioning, and Allies), Veterans and Women. Each group supports their own members, as well as the broader company through a variety of initiatives, including; events, networking opportunities, resources, guidance, information, and encouragement.

Women’s Employee Resource Group – Empowering women across all levels of the organization through mentorship, leadership training and celebrations of women in technology.
Veteran’s Employee Resource Group – Welcoming veterans into their civilian careers; providing them with support and development opportunities.

Prism Employee Resource Group (LGBT + equality) – Partnering with LGBTQ and allies to foster and support inclusion globally.

This information is provided by Avanade

• Women's affiliate group

• 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave
  • 8 weeks fully paid adoptive leave

• Dedicated lactation facilities

• Extended Benefits: A discretionary allowance Avanade offers to purchase items that support Avanade's value of innovating with passion and purpose, assist with day-to-day work efficiency and support your work/life balance.

Avanade Is Hiring