athenahealth

3.0
3.0
Female Representation in Leadership
2.2

Comments

Athenahealth has good intentions but the culture has significantly shifted over the last couple of years. Good talent is leaving and employee satisfaction seems to be low. It is perceived that women aren’t promoted to Executive leadership roles as easily as men. They are actively trying to address this and are surveying and forming panels. There are also limited career paths for many of the remote roles.

The Belfast office is an underpaid paen farm to keep the party going in the Watertown, Mass HQ. They treat us like ignorant peasants. My health insurance is $120 a month and my annual exam still costs $100.

athenahealth allowed me to have a really flexible schedule from the start- Working flex hours and working from home when I needed it. While I never used the maternity/paternity leave benefits, the time off was very good for both parents and a lot of mothers transitioning back were allowed extra work from home time.

The health benefits were not the best I have seen, but still better than most!

Management is hit or miss though. My manager was great at allowing for flexibility, but was disengaged and not fit for a leadership role. athena could do better to promote people that have great leadership & communication skills rather than those who were good at heads-down work.

I don't find this is a place that appreciates my talents and skills. They provide no training and very little support and direction. Relationships between teams are poor. They promote people into management for being good engineers with little regard for whether they are good with people and team work.

I feel very undervalued for my work and my compensation

Work in HR or Recruiting for athenahealth?