American Express

3.9 | New York City, NY | Financial Services | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Company scores for American Express are based on 1,888 ratings from 128 employees

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at American Express. First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

Was part of leadership meetings and witnessed upper management make discriminatory, racist, and offensive remarks about employees. Also witnessed executive leadership request leaders to “come up with” data to excuse termination of an employee without appearing as if they were selectively targeting employees based upon opinion of them rather than performance, and if there was no way to “create the data” then to reduce outreach, limit resources, distance, and not collaborate with that employee until the treatment results in a decline in performance.

Depending on your role, the schedule can be restrictive and limited based on business demand. Generous allotment of PTO /sick time but another game getting it approved. Great job security and benefits, reputable company. Hard to get things done through the corporate chain but many career paths to choose from if you’re willing to work through the difficulties.

American Express has a wonderful remote working policy, decent paid time off and flex time policies in the summer, and advancement opportunities.

Women make up 60% of the workforce, but I still think there is some bias there. I was called bossy for being assertive, which felt very gendered.

I was disappointed when I requested changing to part-time after my first child was born. They did offer me something, but it was impossible for me to accept- lowered hourly pay, no benefits, affecting future benefits, and only a guarantee of employment for 3 months. I ended up leaving my department shortly after that discussion.

The American Express Page Has Not Been Claimed

Work in HR or Recruiting for American Express?

Know someone in HR or Recruiting at American Express who we should speak to about claiming their page? Let us know! It's anonymous, of course.

Jobs at American Express

American Express has no jobs listed at this time.

American Express is a financial services company headquartered in the New York City, NY area that employs 5001 to 10000 people. American Express has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,888 ratings from 128 current or former employees. 19 participants left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employee ratings and reviews from women for companies like American Express and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.