ALDI

2.1
2.1
1.9
1.6

Comments

Very very physical and hard work and almost everyone is a supervisor or leader or manger and they don't care about you as a worker at all. And they never tell you how many hours your going to work until you show up for work, sometimes 4hrs, 8hrs, even 11hrs.

Beyond retail. There's not a lot of staff,and they feel like family. I love the company I work for.
Fantastic benefits.

Don't promote women as fast as men and many leave because of this.

At the store level, Aldi has a large number of female management. At the corporate level... only 2 of the 10 district managers I've had were female, and I know of maybe 2 more; there are no female directors of operations or division presidents/vice presidents that I'm aware of, nor warehouse management. At the store level, though, I have never felt that I am demeaned or have more or less expected of me because of my gender. I am treated respectfully by my colleagues and the people under my management. If any of the men in our employ have ever thought I couldn't handle something because I'm a woman they were proven wrong before they expressed it. The only gender-based comments I get are from customers ("shouldn't a man be doing that", constantly trying to help me lift things I don't need help with, being visibly shook or embarrased when I show up to help them to their car with large items, etc) and I honestly take a bit of pleasure in blatantly rolling my eyes at them.

In the store, many women are hired as casuall/full-time employees and shift managers. However, as you look at the upper management (starting with store managers then up to the top dogs at corporate ), you will notice more and more men.

Work in HR or Recruiting for ALDI?