ALDI

2.0
2.0
1.9
1.5

Comments

Don't promote women as fast as men and many leave because of this.

At the store level, Aldi has a large number of female management. At the corporate level... only 2 of the 10 district managers I've had were female, and I know of maybe 2 more; there are no female directors of operations or division presidents/vice presidents that I'm aware of, nor warehouse management. At the store level, though, I have never felt that I am demeaned or have more or less expected of me because of my gender. I am treated respectfully by my colleagues and the people under my management. If any of the men in our employ have ever thought I couldn't handle something because I'm a woman they were proven wrong before they expressed it. The only gender-based comments I get are from customers ("shouldn't a man be doing that", constantly trying to help me lift things I don't need help with, being visibly shook or embarrased when I show up to help them to their car with large items, etc) and I honestly take a bit of pleasure in blatantly rolling my eyes at them.

In the store, many women are hired as casuall/full-time employees and shift managers. However, as you look at the upper management (starting with store managers then up to the top dogs at corporate ), you will notice more and more men.

The company makes voicing a problem the actual problem. Lots of clicks at store levels. Not a family environment or feel. Being pregnant is looked at as a problem not a medical thing. Seen as dragging team down if you have any health issues, morning sickness or restrictions.

Great company to work for with so many opportunities to move up in management. Hard work but worth the pay.

Work in HR or Recruiting for ALDI?