Akuna Capital

4.0 | Chicago, IL | Capital Markets | 51 to 200 Employees

Developer- Data Infrastructure Engineering

Full-time in Chicago, IL
See at-a-glance how well companies like Akuna Capital support the things that are important to you.
4.8
4.7

Akuna Capital is a capital markets company headquartered in the Chicago, IL area with 51 to 200 employees. Akuna Capital has a 4.0-star InHerSight Score, based on 85 ratings from 6 current or former employees. 1 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

About Akuna:

Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.

Our Founding Partners, Andrew Killion and Mitchell Skinner, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.

What you’ll do as a Developer on the Data Infra team at Akuna:

We are a data driven organization and are seeking Developers to take our data to the next level. We collect large volumes of data from both internal and external sources, requiring talented individuals to identify opportunities to improve and expand our data capabilities. Working on our data infrastructure is a high impact position and you will have opportunity to work closely with our world class team of Devs, Quants, Traders and Management. In this role, you will:

• Lead the effort to democratize data access at Akuna
  • Architect, implement, and improve tools that build and interact with our diverse data
  • Standardize our data management best practices
  • Work closely with stakeholders throughout the firm to identify how data is consumed
  • Build and deploy pipelines to collect and transform our rapidly growing Big Data set
  • Propose and effect changes to our data generation processes
  • Produce clean, well-tested, and documented code with a clear design to support mission critical applications
  • Challenge the status quo and help push our organization forward, as we grow beyond the limits of our current tech stack

Qualities that make great candidates:

• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or equivalent technical field
  • 3+ years of professional experience developing software applications in either Python or Java
  • Highly motivated and willing to take ownership of high-impact projects upon arrival
  • Experience architecting a solution from collection to storage access
  • Must possess excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
  • Demonstrated experience working with diverse data sets and frameworks across multiple domains – financial data experience not required
  • Experience with containerization and container orchestration technologies, like Docker and Kubernetes, is a big plus
  • Interest or experience in building scalable, containerized workflows
  • Demonstrated experience using software engineering best practices like Continuous Integration / Deployment to deliver complex software projects