Toast, Inc logo

3.7 | Boston, MA | Computer Software | 201 to 500 Employees
Posted a week ago on Sept. 15, 2020

Sr. Front-End Engineer

Full-time in Boston, MA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Toast, Inc support the things that are important to you.
4.6
Toast, Inc is a computer software company headquartered in the Boston, MA area with 201 to 500 employees. Toast, Inc has a 3.7-star InHerSight Score, based on 288 ratings from 19 employees. 1 employee has left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.

Every restaurant is unique, and a restaurant’s menu expresses its individual brand and product offerings. Inside a Toast restaurant, the definition of the menu becomes the common language between guests, servers, and the kitchen. In our digital ordering products, a great menu serves as both a billboard and a roadmap to an excellent dining experience. A menu is always evolving: kitchens create new dishes, managers experiment with pricing and presentation, and staff optimize the menu for restaurant operations.

We strive to create products that will satisfy the vast breadth of our restaurants while making each restaurant feel like we built Toast just for them. We offer an extremely powerful and configurable platform, but we want to make sure that restaurants can figure out how to set up their first Toast menu with no questions asked. Come join our Menus team to help us deliver a great experience to our customers!

About this roll* (Responsibilities)

• Design, build, and deliver features in Toast’s menu management products
  • Collaborate with UX and PM on the definition and design of features
  • Collaborate with frontend and full-stack engineers on the Menus team
  • Contribute to Toast’s internal frontend libraries
  • Mentor and guide less experienced engineers
  • Share best practices with other frontend engineers across Toast R&D

Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)

• Experience building complex web applications with React
  • Understands web standards and best practices
  • Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
  • History of successfully shipping software
  • Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared code-base