What are you working forward to?
At Synchrony, we’re here to help you realize your unique ambitions. As an Associate Vice President, Audit Manager, you’ll play an integral part of ensuring our ongoing financial health. In this role, you will plan and execute risk assessments, conduct auditing exercises and manage continuous monitoring activities to provide an independent and objective voice to our financial and regulatory reporting processes.
Joining Synchrony allows you to pioneer your career. In this role, you will be part of a diverse, inclusive and tight-knit team that celebrates and supports one another. As part of this team, you will be supported and set-up for success, with ample growth opportunities, access to top technology and forward-thinking processes and a level of stability not normally seen in consulting.
As an AVP, Audit Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- You will contribute to the direction and focus of the Finance Internal Audit team’s activities through active engagement in risk assessment, audit planning, and continuous monitoring processes
- Draft audit plans, develop audit tests, and lead audit execution. Identifying and assessing the impact of control deficiencies
- Be responsible for high quality audit deliverables including planning memoranda, audit programs, working papers, drafts of audit issues, and audit reports
- Present audit results to various levels of Internal Audit leadership, as well as the business organization
- Ensure audits conform with professional and departmental standards, budgets, and timelines
- Maintain high awareness of economic, regulatory, and business risks and issues, acting to assure required adjustments to risk assessments, audit plans, and audit programs
- Assess inherent, and residual risks in Finance, Controllership, Regulatory Reporting, and Tax Functions
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Lead in research of relevant banking, regulation, reporting, and operational topics
- Serve as a subject matter advisor and technical resource for the team
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
This role is a great fit for you if you possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or an equivalent related field and 3+ years experience in audit, financial services, or a related field
- In lieu of a relevant Bachelor’s degree, 7 years’ experience in audit, financial services, or a related field
- You currently hold, or are actively pursuing a CPA, CIA, or other relevant professional designation/association
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Minimum 5 – 7+ years combined internal audit, public accounting, regulatory (e.g., FRB, OCC, FDIC, etc.) or relevant banking industry experience.
- Knowledge and experience of US GAAP, SEC, and SOX reporting requirements and processes
- Demonstrate verbal and written ability to articulate the business objectives, business risk, processes, and controls
- Prior experience auditing, examining, or working in a financial/regulatory reporting function
- Knowledge and experience with FRB BHC, OCC, and FDIC regulatory reporting requirements and related guidance strongly preferred
- Experience interacting with regulators and auditors strongly preferred
- Strong PC Skills – MS Office suite.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 – 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.