We are seeking a talented and experienced UX/UI Developer to lead our user interface implementation efforts and to shape our visual user experience. The ideal candidate will have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into visual process flows. The focus will be on an efficient and intuitive user-centered design and realization of a state of the art 2D and 3D graphics user interface.
If you have a proven background in designing user interfaces for medical devices or other combinations of software and hardware and are passionate about user experience, we want to hear from you. As a UX/UI Developer you will work as a part of the software development team collaborating with clinical experts, users and the hardware teams to develop a cutting-edge, user-centric medical device.
- Interact with clinical experts, selected users and the management team to define key features and goals.
- Define and lead the user experience design process.
- Implement stunning graphical user interfaces in 2D and 3D.
- Collaborate with back-end application developers to create a responsive, safe and maintainable product.
- Create design documents that will guide the design work through the development process.
- Work with the team to solidify and optimize the software development process.
- Guide team members in all aspects of user experience design and development of graphical user interfaces.
Qualifications & Experience
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience programming user-facing features on commercial games or software applications (please provide links to previous experience indicating specific features worked on).
- Experience using design patterns for application design such as MVVM and MVC.
- Experience creating 3D centric applications content using technologies such as Unity3D, Open Scene Graph, QT 3D or similar.
- Good understanding of software development design and programming best practices. Experience writing production code with focus on well structured, maintainable and testable software.
- Experience working on regulated products, preferably medical.
- Experience working in teams creating production software using an Agile development process, including the usage of version control and continuous integration technologies.
- Excellent communication skills: able to convincingly present design solutions to various stakeholders.
- Team player engaging with and empowering peers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience developing VR and AR applications involving haptic interfaces.
- Linear Algebra/3D Transformations/3D Graphics.
- Programming experience in C#/.NET.
- Love for exploring emerging technologies.
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: 10%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.