Through our combined product offerings (iSuite), we help hospitals develop efficient operating rooms with a focus on the patient as well as the staff. The integrated operating room has grown to be the standard of care, with Stryker as the market share leader.
We are looking for passionate and self-driven individuals who can participate in the design, development and sustainment of software applications for operating room integration systems, including audio/video routers, video converters, audio/video conferencing equipment, application servers and accessory devices.
What you will do:
In this role you will define user needs and functional specifications.
- Gather and analyze software requirements and documents design specifications
- You will drive the development of lower level engineering specifications from user requirements, participate in design reviews, maintain technical specifications and design control documentation
Something to keep in mind, we work in a FDA regulated environment, so there will be a lot of documentation done throughout your role.
In addition to what is above, you will also be responsible for Software Product Design.
- As a full stack developer, you will contribute to the architectural design of new software and design more complex software features – we want to hear your opinions!
- Along with your team you will develop next generation software, perform peer reviews, code inspections, create and execute unit tests, support continuous integration and delivery for software features and products, as well as participate in sprint planning, demo day, retrospectives and daily stand ups.
- At times you could also assist technical support in troubleshooting systems in the field
- Aside from writing code and product documentation, you will also provide accurate project estimates, track and report your progress daily to R&D, Scrum or Project Manager
- We would also like it if you kept up-to-date on the latest software development technologies and methodologies, as this is always changing!
Some of the Required Skills we feel you need to have:
- Object-oriented programming languages
- 2+ years of experience with WCF Web API RESTful Services.
- 2+ years of experience with Entity Framework, Hibernate or Mongoose etc.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Databases: MS SQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Web technologies
- Server-side: WCF/ ASP.NET Web API, NodeJS
Don’t forget these Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent, 2-5 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in all aspects of Software Development Life cycle: requirements, architecture, design, development, test, launch, product sustainment and customer support
The technologies below are a nice to have, so if you come with them GREAT, if not, let’s see your passion to learn and grow!
- Cloud providers: Azure -Table & Blog storage or AWS -S3 storage and Simple DB
- Integrated Development Environments: Microsoft Visual Studio
- Source Code Repositories: Subversion, VSS, GIT
- Build Tools: Cruise Control, Jenkins, Maven
Work From Home: Occasional
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.