Strava logo

Strava

3.8 | San Francisco, CA | Internet | 51 to 200 Employees
Posted 2 weeks ago on Oct. 6, 2020

senior director of product management

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Strava support the things that are important to you.

Strava is an internet company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 51 to 200 employees. Strava has a 3.8-star InHerSight Score, based on 32 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees.

About This Role

Our Product Team advocates for our athletes and our business, setting the vision for our product to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. We use research, data, strategy and empathy to guide cross-functional teams toward our common goal of becoming the preeminent platform for athletes. It is important to us to include diverse perspectives, and empower our teams to do great work. Our products bring joy and inspiration to a diverse community around the world, and there is so much opportunity ahead for us!

Strava is looking for a Senior Director of Product Management to join our Product Organization and help set direction and priorities for our product teams. This leader will have significant strategic impact and influence across the company, as well as over Strava’s product that is loved by millions of athletes around the globe. You will have direct responsibility for the hardworking, passionate team of product managers and will partner with other leaders across different functions including Design, Product Marketing, Engineering, Business, and more.

In partnership with our CPXO, you will be responsible for Strava’s product strategy and execution. This includes collaborating with design and engineering to ensure all of our product teams understand the what and why of what we are building, driving us to focus and prioritize the right work, and helping us set up the right process and ways of working.

Responsibilities

• Own evolving, communicating and executing on our Product Strategy, and staying closely aligned with the business and company vision

• Lead and collaborate with Design and Engineering to define best processes, practices, and ways of working for product development to build and ship delightful products that bring joy to our athletes

• Build strong relationships with your peers and partners, use the collective knowledge and insights at Strava into the Product Strategy and the work the team does every day

• Mentor and develop our product management team. [Bring a sense of joy and fun to the team, be grounded, and model a growth mindset and the desire to learn and get better, regardless of what the world may throw at us]

• Work closely with our researches, community management, and analytics teams to deeply understand and address athlete needs

About You

• Experience in building, leading and mentoring product management teams

• A great communicator, influencer and cross-functional collaborator; able to create clarity and drive focus across the business

• Someone who is passionate about Strava, and building product experiences that tackle meaningful problems for our community of athletes

• An optimistic, positive, and open-minded person who enjoys being part of a team and who is excited to contribute to our overall company strategy

• A minimum of 10+ years in Product Management, preferably within consumer software with multiple platforms

About Strava

Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.

Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.

In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!

Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.

We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.

California Consumer Protection Act Applicant Notice