Rock West Composites, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director.
Rock West Composites, Inc. is an engineering and manufacturing company dedicated to providing innovative solutions for commercial and government customers. This position can be remote with scheduled trips to our San Diego, CA and West Jordan, Utah offices. Reports to our VP of Business Development.
The Business Development Director is responsible for driving new business in a variety of industries including stock products (tubes, etc), distribution products (prepregs, fabrics, resins) and custom products (custom molded shapes).
Essential Responsibilities May Include:
- Exceed annual sales targets via traditional sales methods
- Call on and grow business with current customers
- Follow up on leads generated by website
- Cold call new customers and new industries
- Travel to visit customer, attend trade shows, etc.
- Develop and organize new business development initiatives
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
Required Education and Experience:
- BS or BA degree in engineering or technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in composites and/or aerospace manufacturing sales
- Experience of establishing budgets and/or tracking expenditures and profit
- Experience in communicating with customers
- Knowledge of composite materials including: tapes, fabrics and braids, wet-layup, prepregs, and /or resin infusion fibers such as carbon fiber, fiber glass, quartz, Kevlar resins such as epoxy, vinyl ester, cyanate ester
- Knowledge of composite finishing processes (trimming, drilling, coating etc.)
- Strong work ethic
- Basic knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Must be a US Person (Resident Alien or US Citizen).
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Vision, Passion, Perseverance, And Intensity
- Experienced Track Record And Emotional Intelligence
- Collaborate, But Decisiveness And Own It Until Successful
- Humility – Self Confidence Tempered By Vulnerability
- Communication Skills – Connection With The Employees, Our Culture And A Relationship Builder
- Mindfulness, Selflessness And Compassion
- Curiosity, Take Risk - Good Navigator… “Avoid The Shoals, But Get To The Treasure”
Why should you want to work with us? Rock West Composites cares about our employees! Not only do we offer great benefits to our full-time employees (Medical & Dental 100% employer paid, Vision, Paid Time Off and 401K match), we offer a fun and friendly working environment!
Rock West Composites is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law. Due to nature of defense contracts, US Citizenship is a requirement. As part of our Drug and Alcohol Policy, upon acceptance of any offer of employment, employment will be conditional of passing a required drug test and employee will become part of the random drug testing.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 858-537-6260