3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Nov. 6, 2019

Global OGC Data Privacy Attorney

Full-time in New York City, NY

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm’s legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You’ll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm’s client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees. As part of our team, you’ll help with researching background information related to legal issues and prepare legal documents. You’ll focus on drafting contracts or legal agreements, retaining files of prepared legal documents, and coordinating requests between internal and external counsel.

As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
  • Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
  • Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
  • Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
  • Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
  • Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
  • Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
  • Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
  • Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

The Office of the Global General Counsel serves the Global Network of Firms, providing dedicated legal support to the PwC Network. Tech, IP and Data Protection, which advises the firm on intellectual property, technology transactional matters, data issues and data privacy. Attorney will advise on transactional matters, including drafting and negotiation of data processing and data transfer agreements. Will also serve as a subject matter specialist on global data protection laws and regulations.

Juris Doctorate

6 year(s)

Required Knowledge and Skills:

Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:

• Directing efforts as a technical professional in a legal specialty;
  • Providing legal advice as a specialist in one of the practice groups (litigation, counseling, corporate, commercial, employment);
  • Specializing in data protection/data privacy with excellent knowledge of global data privacy regimes and cross border transfers specifically in respect of GDPR,HIPAA and Gramm-Leach-Bliley;
  • Providing strategic advice and counseling in connection with the development, collection, use, transfer and governance of data, including data analytics, privacy and security, both from a US and international perspective; and,
  • Advising on information protection and data issues in connection with all aspects of the Network’s business, including with respect to security incidents, policies and procedures, international data flows, transactions, joint ventures, development and use of analytics tools, contracting, security, employee matters and social media.

• Handling highly complex legal issues involving significant risk and requiring the application of judgment;
  • Identifying and analyzing complex legal/regulatory/business issues and providing appropriate legal advice regarding applicable legal and professional standards, often on a time-sensitive basis;
  • Managing outside counsel to obtain optimal outcome and contain costs;
  • Negotiating with respect to legal issues;
  • Managing multiple cases/matters/projects and/or teams of internal and/or external resources;
  • Building consensus, even for difficult or unpopular courses of action necessitated by legal or regulatory requirements; and,
  • Advising and successfully interacting at the senior leadership level.

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.