3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Aug. 20, 2019

DevOps/Agile Transformation Technical Specialist (Health Services)

Full-time in Chicago, IL
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You’ll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas. - Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results. - Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems. - Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area. - Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance. - Share relevant thought leadership. - Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others. - Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships. - Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

4 year(s)

Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success supporting DevOps implementations, transformations and engineering support including the following areas:

- Understanding complex architectures and the ability to coach and guide delivery teams in engineer practices;

- Understanding dependencies;

- Understanding how developer’s code, check-in into source control, perform manual and automated tests;

- Performing vulnerability and performance tests; and,

- Deploying to production.

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with the following required programming languages, database platforms, MVC frameworks, BPM, and other technical areas including:

- Using .NET such ASP and/or C Sharp, J2EE, and Java;

- Using Oracle, MS SQL server, DB2, and JDBC;

- Leveraging Struts, Spring, and Hibernate;

- Using BPM/BRE Tools, WSI, and Pegasystems; and,

- Leveraging Application Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Data, Mapping and Workflow Tools, Application Servers, Application Architecture and Implementation, and Governance Designs.

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:

- Thinking creatively, and possessing problem solving skills and individual initiative;

- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts;

- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data;

- Demonstrating proven thorough abilities as a team member;

- Understanding personal and team roles;

- Contributing to a positive working environment by building relationships with team members; - Seeking guidance, clarification and feedback proactively;

- Providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff;

- Using Linux/Unix Administration;

- Demonstrating experience with automation/configuration mgmt. using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent;

- Using a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services;

- Demonstrating experience with MySQL;

- Understanding code and script such as PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby; and,

- Implementing industry leading practices and IT operations to be always-up, always-available service.

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.