3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 5 months ago on April 9, 2020

Private Company Services - Assurance - Senior Associate

Full-time in New York City, NY

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 6,269 ratings from 421 employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career within Private Company services, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients design and implement personal and customised service plans that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals. You’ll be assisting the team focus on key issues like wealth management, compliance, cash flow management, equity expansion, divestiture and exit strategies.

As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

We’re leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Assurance provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting

2 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:

Before starting with PwC full-time, must be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states. Credential must be obtained prior to being promoted to Manager.

Certification(s) Preferred:

CPA license. International hires or hires from a PwC affiliate firm to have obtained the equivalent accounting credential in selected individual's home country.

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the common business and accounting issues facing non-publicly traded companies in the manufacturing, distribution and services industry. These issues include but are not limited to: mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and (re)financing. Technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP).

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader and team member in a professional services consulting firm including the following areas:

Whole Leadership: using feedback and reflection to develop my self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas; delegating to others to provide stretch opportunities and coaching to help deliver results; and, proactively raising issues to improve effective team working.

Global Acumen: seeking and taking opportunities, which exposure me to other businesses, industries and markets; facilitating collaboration across virtual teams (utilizing appropriate technology as applicable); and, building and maintaining a professional internal and external network.

Relationships: using straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others; reading situations and being sensitive to others, modifying my behavior to build quality, diverse relationships; and, communicating with my clients, regularly updating them and sharing progress.

Business Acumen: learning about my clients' businesses and how they operate in the industry/marketplace, trying out new ideas and proposing innovative solutions to problems; and, gathering information from a range of sources when analyzing and solving complex problems.

Technical Capabilities: testing my own and others' work for quality, accuracy and relevance; developing knowledge of the firm's line of service capabilities and our portfolio of offerings; making the most of opportunities for technical development through on the job learning and exposure; and, sharing relevant thought leadership with my colleagues to enhance knowledge.

Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to: innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and, working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.

So what does a typical day look like? http://PwC.to/joe

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.