3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 3 weeks ago on Jan. 22, 2020

Human Resources Transactions - People in Deals - Manager

Full-time in McLean, VA

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,981 ratings from 401 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our People in Deals practice, within People and Organisation Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations. Our team helps our clients with all human capital aspects of buying, selling or listing businesses both domestically and internationally. You’ll be assisting the team focus on Human Resources due diligence, pre- and post-close planning, and post deal implementation and integration.

As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
  • Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
  • Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
  • Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
  • Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
  • Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
  • Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
  • Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
  • Focus on building trusted relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Human Resources Management

Additional Educational Requirements:

Other undergraduate degrees may be considered if the job seeker has obtained a Master of Business Administration

5 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:

CPA, FSA, ASA, SPHR, Enrolled Actuary, Member of the Bar, Chartered Financial Analyst, JD, or Certified Equity Professional

Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in benefits and compensation in a deal context; experience with communicating financial due diligence issues and matters in a clear, non-technical manner to clients within the overall deal context.

Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in merger integration assistance and post-transaction human resource strategy, integration and organization design, human resources, compensation, benefits and actuarial services; technical skills in domestic and global financial reporting, tax and compliance issues.

Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs including:

- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;

- Communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and,

- Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.

Considerable experience as a team leader including:

- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust;

- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and,

- Coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.