3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Nov. 9, 2019

Office of General Counsel Legal Manager- Corporate

Full-time in New York City, NY

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm’s legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You’ll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm’s client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees.

As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
  • Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
  • Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
  • Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
  • Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
  • Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
  • Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
  • Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
  • Focus on building trusted relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

3 year(s) of experience gained in a paralegal, company secretary or similar legal support role.

Demonstrates extensive level knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:

• Understanding the requirements of corporate law and related fields that fall within the remit of a corporate legal group such as corporate governance, Mergers and Acquisitions processes, contract law, legal structuring, and partnership law;
  • Demonstrating strategic and technical orientation in the field of corporate law, corporate governance, corporate secretarial activities and legal research and writing;
  • Managing corporate secretarial, corporate governance and legal and related corporate tasks with minimal input from other members of the group;
  • Developing, updating, and maintaining systems for meeting corporate documentation and corporate compliance requirements;
  • Managing the legal aspects and obligations of an entity structure and its subsidiaries, including creation and dissolution of legal entities, subsidiary resolutions, and legal filings, in each case within the US and abroad;
  • Leading the legal group's records and knowledge management activities, including diligence activities;
  • Supporting mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other transactions and other special projects;
  • Building, maintaining and utilizing relationships with senior members of an organization and their support teams, to create trust and work efficiently and effectively;
  • Working with senior resources to develop processes, tools and standards for the efficient administration of corporate legal obligations and those of its subsidiaries, including through legal entity management software systems;
  • Working with and influencing others in fast-paced environment;
  • Exercising judgment regarding confidential and sensitive information;
  • Leveraging interpersonal skills and interacting with leadership and staff from a National and Global perspective;
  • Possessing negotiating skills as well as utilizing analytical skills and attention to detail; and,
  • Demonstrating proficiency in Google, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.