3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Java Developer

Full-time in Arlington, VA
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Product Engineering practice, within New Business Ventures, will provide you with the opportunity to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market. New Business Ventures identifies, develops, and commercialises technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other intellectual property based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within PwC, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue. Our team is responsible for the design and development of our technology products and solutions.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone. - Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty. - Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development. - Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations. - Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations. - Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations. - Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients. - Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties - Focus on building trusted relationships. - Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

Required Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering

5 year(s)

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Additional Educational Preferences:
Will consider other fields of study

Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in roles performing software development which includes, but is not limited to, the following aspects of software development:

• Experience in at least two modern era programming languages (one must be Java or Python);
  • Software configuration management including GIT, Maven, or similar;
  • Data structures and algorithms and object-oriented design;
  • Linux basic systems administration including ability to navigate OS, review system logs, review running processes and open network connections;
  • SQL and No-SQL database systems and development including knowledge of RDMS and usage of stored procedures;
  • Writing tests in development for Agile framework required (i.e. unit tests);
  • Data driven analysis and the use of data to hypothesize the meaning of the data during the development process;
  • Agile software development model;
  • Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Azure (GCP and Azure preferred); and,
  • Clear communication when writing, speaking and/or presenting to team business and technology personnel. Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success, as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs in a consulting role, with experience in the following areas:
  • Software configuration management including GIT, Maven, or similar;
  • Kibana;
  • Postgresql or MySQL;
  • Design and implementation of RESTAPI services;
  • OAuth, SAML 2.0; and,
  • Preparation and/or coordination of complex written documentation of code changes and the impact to forward deployed engineers and end users.