3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 3 weeks ago on Nov. 13, 2019

Information Security Strategy & Communications Manager

Full-time in Los Angeles, CA

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network. You’ll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhances security of internal information and protect our firms intellectual assets.

As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
  • Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
  • Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
  • Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
  • Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
  • Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
  • Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
  • Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
  • Focus on building trusted relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

High School Diploma

4 year(s)

Degree Preferred:

Certification(s) Preferred:
CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP and CCSA

Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Application security solutions and Web hosting architecture and principles;
- Common networking protocols and services and their relevant security issues;
- Risk assessment/acceptance factors that can affect business and security decisions; and,
- business processes and drivers that can affect system design.

Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Analyzing application security vulnerability and executing process. Reviews vendor processes using application threat vulnerability tools, scanning techniques and/or code review results;
- Using assessments of vulnerabilities and sources of threats and current security guidance;
- Collaborating with teams to identify opportunities and provide recommendations on how application security can be built into project development;
- Interacting with project management team members and vendors on application projects;
- Reviewing application threat vulnerability assessments on application development projects;
- Implementing strategy for application threat vulnerability review and remediation;
- Identifying and documenting complex business cases to assist in gaining internal support to implement security solutions; and,
- Monitoring vendor application development processes.

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.