3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 3 weeks ago on Nov. 15, 2019

Personal Financial Services Tax - Senior Associate - Greater Michigan

Full-time in Detroit, MI

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Private Company Services Personal Financial Service practice, within Private Company services, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients develop, design and implement plans to achieve their personal wealth goals and ensure maintenance for future generations. You’ll focus on analysing the tax efficiencies of income tax, investment, insurance and risk, and other lifestyle investments planning to establish a foundation for financial longevity.

As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
  • Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
  • Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
  • Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
  • Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
  • Share relevant thought leadership.
  • Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
  • Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting

Additional Educational Requirements:
Job seekers must demonstrate all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations

3 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:
Certified Public Accountant [or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure], Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar

Demonstrated considerable knowledge and proven success consulting with high net worth individuals with extensive experience in the following areas: individual income tax planning, wealth transfer planning, business succession planning, international tax planning and tax return compliance.

Demonstrated and proven extensive technical skills including completing and reviewing the following tax forms: 1040, 706, 709, 1041, 3520, 3520-A, 8938, 5471, 8621, 8865, 1116 and FinCEN 114 for High Net Worth individuals. Demonstrated considerable experience with research, writing and consulting on various international tax matters, including: expatriation, voluntary disclosure, various cross-border consulting and compliance matters, foreign tax credit, treaty analysis and foreign national issues. Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; and, managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues. Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; answering questions and providing direction to less-experienced staff.