3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Aug. 13, 2019

Cloud Architect (Financial Services)

Full-time in Los Angeles, CA
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Cloud and Network Architecture practice, within Cloud Computing and Networking services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on the joint business relationship between PwC and Google, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and other cloud based platforms that bring new and innovative services to some of the largest companies. We help our clients adopt the cloud to transform Information Technology, scale and streamline operations and create new cloud based businesses through our strong alliances. You’ll be at the forefront of helping organisations around the globe adopt innovative technology solutions that optimise business processes or enable scalable technology. Our team helps organisations transform their network architecture and infrastructure to fundamentally change the role of Information Technology from an custodial asset to an orchestrator of business services. As part of the team, you’ll focus on the architecture of data centres, including the design and implementation of network architecture and information storage to optimise innovation and programme delivery for our clients.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas. - Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results. - Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems. - Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area. - Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance. - Share relevant thought leadership. - Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others. - Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships. - Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

3 year(s)

Demonstrates thorough knowledge in, and/or a proven record of success in a role as an individual contributor on project engagements related to, the design, configuration & deployment of Next Generation Converged Data Center Infrastructure, Unified Fabrics, Virtualization, Orchestration, Security, Cloud (AWS or Azure) and Data Center solutions and implementations.

Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in a role identifying and addressing client needs including the following:

• Participating in client discussions and meetings; and,
  • Managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and implementing cross data center technologies (network, compute, storage, security, application services).

Demonstrates thorough knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success in a role as a subject matter specialist while, conducting project engagements including meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members, keeping leadership informed of progress and project related issues.

Demonstrates thorough knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success in a role as a contributor on, projects related to Data Center Converged Infrastructure, Servers, Virtualization, Storage, Networking, Unified Fabrics, Security Orchestration and Application Layer Solutions with a clear understanding of how an IT organization deploys technology.

Demonstrates a thorough understanding of, and/or a proven record of success in a role with, leveraging IT strategy, roadmaps, architecture, engineering, operations, policy/processes/ industry leading practices, innovation and program delivery.

Demonstrates proven thorough abilities as an individual contributor on projects related to IT Strategy and Transformation emphasizing next generation data centers including:

• Architecture, design and implementation with major networking, storage, compute and security vendors (HP, Cisco, IBM, Dell, Brocade, Juniper, EMC, BMC, Microsoft, Citrix, Intel, Symantec, etc.); and,
  • A level of exposure to project management, ITIL/ITSM and engagement analysis as well as sustaining client relationships, preparing and presenting written and verbal materials, and defining requirements, project workflow, budgets and reporting.

Demonstrates thorough abilities and success with assisting clients to establish a technology direction/implementation while inspiring team members to create a positive atmosphere that encourages improvement and innovation.