3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Jan. 19, 2020

Data Scientist - Automation Lab (PwC Labs)

Full-time in Detroit, MI

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,981 ratings from 401 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

PwC Labs is focused on standardizing, automating, delivering tools and processes and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and enable our people to reimagine the possible. Process improvement, transformation, effective use of innovative technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value for our firm. The Automation Lab within PwC Labs is focused on implementing intelligent process automation solutions that will impact the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our business processes across Tax, Assurance, Advisory, and Internal Firm Services. Process improvement, transformation, system implementation, effective use of technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value to our firm.

As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
  • Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
  • Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
  • Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
  • Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
  • Share relevant thought leadership.
  • Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
  • Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

Additional Educational Requirements:

In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.

3 year(s)

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Engineering, Operations Management/Research, Statistics ?

Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:

• New technology learning and quickly evaluating their technical and commercial viability;

• Machine learning techniques for addressing a variety of problems (e.g. consumer segmentation, revenue forecasting, image classification, etc.); and,

• Machine learning algorithms (e.g. k-nearest neighbors, random forests, ensemble methods, deep neural networks, etc.) and when it is appropriate to use each technique.

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader including the following areas:

• Building machine learning models and systems, interpreting their output, and communicating the results;
  • Moving models from development to production; and,

• Conducting research in a lab and publishing work

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with a subset of the following technologies:

• Programming including Python, R, Java, JavaScript, C++, Unix Hardware, sensors, robotics, GPU enabled machine learning, FPGAs, and Raspberry Pis, etc.;

• Data Storage Technologies including SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, cloud-based databases such as GCP BigQuery, and different storage formats (e.g. Parquet, etc.);

• Data Processing Tools including Python (Numpy, Pandas, etc.), Spark, and cloud-based solutions such as GCP DataFlow;

• Machine Learning Libraries including Python (scikit-learn, genism, etc.), TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, and Spark MLlib;

• Visualization including Python (Matplotlib, Seaborn, bokeh, etc.), and JavaScript (d3); and,

• Productionization and containerization technologies including GitHub, Flask, Docker, and Kubernetes.