3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Nov. 4, 2019

Health Research Institute Senior Manager

Full-time in Washington, D.C.

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in Sales and Marketing, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and drive long term revenue growth for the Firm. You’ll focus on designing, developing, and implementing communication programmes and media events to promote and sell the PwC’s brand and services as well as contribute to and evaluating our pricing strategies in the marketplace. Our Thought Leadership team helps our professionals deliver targeted thought leadership to our clients on relevant business topics. As part of the team, you’ll support PwC with brand positioning, business marketing, and sales efforts through publications and speeches.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

High School Diploma

6 year(s)

Degree Preferred:

Preferred Fields of Study:
Marketing, Journalism

Additional Educational Preferences:

Other related fields of study may be considered.

Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in accomplishing key objectives, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, with emphasis on the following areas:

• Possessing knowledge of and/or a proven record of success within the health industries field in at least two of the following areas including pharmaceutical and life sciences, health care regulation, new health economy, and/or technology;
  • Positioning content competitively (in various formats and channels) produced by professional services organizations and top tier media companies; and,
  • Displaying an understanding of key business issues our Health Industries clients are facing, in order to develop thought leadership content that relate to our firm's capabilities, brand positioning, and growth plans.

Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in roles involving project management of multiple and diverse editorial projects and day-to-day operations, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas:

•  Conducting independent research, including conducting interviews and partnering with internal resources to develop a distinctive point of view on specific topics that impact the Health Industries field;
  • Approaching projects with intellectual curiosity using an analytical and quantitative mindset;
  • Leveraging written communication skills to translate complex concepts into easy to understand, engaging and compelling messaging, in various formats, for delivery in different digital channels;
  • Resolving issues independently while coordinating with leadership or subject matter specialists, when necessary;
  • Managing performance and development of staff through coaching, including developing and facilitating training for research analysts;
  • Coordinating the editorial consultations, development, and calendar within the firm across lines of services and sectors on the assigned issues or campaign, for cohesive messaging throughout the firm;
  • Utilizing new tools to apply techniques in the development and delivery of content;
  • Facilitating ideation and editorial discussions with subject matter specialists and Marketing and Sales colleagues; and,
  • Tracking the firm's positioning in the assigned topic, area, industry, or domain, to aid in the development of differentiated content.

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.