3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 4 months ago on Jan. 19, 2020

Software Developer

Full-time in Boston, MA

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 6,060 ratings from 407 employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Audit360 practice, within Financial Services Solutions, will provide you the opportunity to use sophisticated models to value complex financial instruments and design strategies that reduce risk and maximise business opportunities for our clients. We help on a wide variety of financial and valuation issues, as well as develop and test financial models, model risk scenarios, validate expertise across various financial areas, and deliver comprehensive analytics addressing client finance issues. Our team plays an integral part in the strategic vision of our assurance practice by providing audit engagement teams support on an as needed basis for a variety of audit activities. As a part of the team, you’ll assist on ad hoc projects working side by side with the engagement teams to increase our audit quality and efficiency.

As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
  • Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
  • Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
  • Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
  • Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
  • Share relevant thought leadership.
  • Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
  • Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

Global LoS:
Assurance

Required Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems

4 year(s) of success in roles involving C# development including database development exposure, support, master data, relational modeling, DBA concepts, tuning and/or optimization, and database scalability.

Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success building software solutions designed for audit practitioners within a global professional services consulting partnership, including knowledge of accounting and finance concepts, which includes the following areas:
- Modern Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL (2012 and above);
- Various software design and architectural patterns;
- N-Tiered architecture with a focus on middle-tier and data layer technologies within the .NET technology stack;
- Fundamental design principles behind a scalable application; - SQL programming, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and other related DML operations;
- Master data and reference data patterns across application deployment scenarios; and,
- Visualization products and technologies-i.e. Monarch/Automater and OLAP Solutions.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in roles in either Finance or Professional Services firms.

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Building software solutions designed for audit practitioners to enhance overall quality and engagement efficiencies within a global professional services consulting partnership, including gathering and synthesizing complex business requirements, designs, and/or enhancing existing software;
- Communicating clearly when writing, speaking and/or presenting to product owners and other project stakeholders;
- Collaborating and working effectively with a geographically dispersed team;
- Being responsive to client demands and prioritizing effectively demands involving systems-related issues;
- Utilizing effective time management, prioritizing tasks in collaboration with team members and/or performing within all aspects of the software development lifecycle;
- Utilizing Agile development, and emphasizing time management and operating against planned tasks on-time;
- Designing and implementing relational data models;
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code;
- Designing and implementing relational data models;
- Performing data validation, data quality, and analysis to design effective ETL strategies; and,
- Utilizing database tuning and optimization techniques, including ORM solutions and patterns for exposing database layer for application consumption.