3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Nov. 1, 2019

Senior DevOps Engineer

Full-time in Arlington, VA

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Product Operations practice, within New Business Ventures, will provide you with the opportunity to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market. New Business Ventures identifies, develops, and commercialises technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other intellectual property based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within PwC, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue. Our team works with product teams to help operationalize, deploy and automate our technology products.

As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.

- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.

- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.

- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.

- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.

- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.

- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.

- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.

- Focus on building trusted relationships.

- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

You will lead our DevOps efforts and be hands-on in multiple domains - such as CI/CD toolchain, cloud environments, and tooling for digital operations. You bring great technical breadth and expert level experience in software engineering, DevOps, and cloud - combined with the ability to provide technical thought leadership and coach and direct more junior engineers.

Required Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Information Technology

8 year(s)

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Additional Educational Preferences:

Will consider other fields of study.

Certification(s) Preferred:

Google Cloud Platform Qualified Developer, Amazon Web Services certifications (Solutions Architect or Developer), or Microsoft Azure certifications (DevOps Engineer Expert, Solutions Architect, or Developer)

Demonstrates extensive knowledge and a proven record of success improving and managing the productivity of technology processes and business processes by creating highly automated workflows for software development and operations including the following areas:

• CI/CD toolchains centred around tools such as Jenkins, Spinacker, Teamcity, etc.;
  • Enabling DevOps tools such as Gitlab, Github, Artifactory, Sonarqube, Fortify/Veracode, Vault;
  • Operations tools (e.g. Splunk, ELK stack, New Relic, App Dynamics, Data Dog);
  • Test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Artillery);
  • Agile software development practices (esp. Scrum and Kanban);
  • Configuration management tools (such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible);
  • Cloud infrastructure and container-based infrastructures; and,
  • Lean IT principles and data driven approaches.

Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven record of success automating workflows and identifying process improvements, which includes the following areas:

• Desiring to keep learning, maintain own skill set, stay up to date and expand one’s knowledge across the full stack;
  • Desiring to improve the ‘status quo’, especially automating and improving software development and operations processes to achieve massively higher delivery velocity and operations quality;
  • Managing and analyzing existing processes to identify automation opportunities across multiple platforms and technologies;
  • Collaborating with other Senior DevOps Engineers and engineering teams to design processes in the most efficient way to enable automation and machine learning in a culture of innovation;
  • Contributing to thought leadership through participation in the development of technology processes;
  • Developing reporting to measure the effectiveness of the toolchain on dev and ops;
  • Applying continuous independent judgement while collaborating with others, and influencing others within the project and domain teams; and,
  • Building and leveraging relationships as well as expert level verbal and written communication skills.