3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Tax Senior Manager - Corporate Tax - Richmond

Full-time in Richmond, VA
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,055 ratings from 278 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You’ll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals. Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.

Responsibilities

As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
  • Be involved in the financial management of clients
  • Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
  • Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
  • Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
  • Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
  • Train, coach, and supervise team members
  • Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand

We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs.

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting

5 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:
CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar

Intimate knowledge of the tax issues facing multinational US companies or publically traded entities, especially in the areas of tax compliance, tax accounting, and consulting services.

Comprehensive technical skills in corporate and partnership tax planning and compliance, as well as tax accounting and financial reporting, including tax provision preparation, audit and review. Experience working with tax tools and resources including tax provision and compliance software such as Corptax, OneSource, or other similar platforms. Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials. Must demonstrate experience in managing teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.

Demonstrates success as tax technical business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system.

Lead as a business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiary with a CRM system. Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization and leads by example in a professional services environment including, but not limited to, the following areas: - innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions.- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients.- utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements. Advance pricing strategy through the use of pricing tools and influence a shift to alternative fee arrangements.

We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax