3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Risk & Regulatory, Enterprise Risk Managment - Senior Associate

Full-time in New York City, NY
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,055 ratings from 278 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Core Risk Enterprise Risk Management practice, within Risk Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations rethink their approach to risk by developing a distinctive strategy and creating capabilities and performance. We play an important part in helping our clients assess, design and develop solutions that not only help them manage risk but also transform risk and complexity into a sustainable advantage. Our team helps organisations implement and sustain enterprise risk management programmes. As part of the team, you’ll help to improve our clients performance and add value by facilitating the proactive governance and management of risk, helping clients identify, assess, and manage known and emerging risks within defined appetite levels and tolerances.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge of, and success conducting for clients, enterprise risk management program development including:
- Monitoring and reporting risk, risk assessments and prioritizations;
- Assisting with facilitating the definition of an organization's risk appetite and tolerance in alignment with their organization's strategy;
- Designing sustainable risk management and compliance processes and structures, including governance and oversight, standards and processes, tools and technology, metrics and reporting;
- Assisting clients with achieving a competitive advantage by managing risk and compliance in a streamlined manner and creating greater resilience to risk;
- Understanding and providing solutions based on the common issues facing clients who provide products and services within one or more of the following sectors aerospace and defense, automotive, consumer and retail, energy, industrial products, technology or utilities;
- Participating in proposal development efforts.

Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of risk and compliance programs, including:
- Considering leading standards (e.g. COSO, ERM), regulatory requirements and supervisory expectations;
- Designing and implementing models for data classification and mapping based on regulatory and business requirements to provide requisite dashboards and reporting.

Demonstrated proven thorough abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.

Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.

• ble