3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Insourced Solutions for Tax - Director - Stamford

Full-time in Stamford, CT
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,055 ratings from 278 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You’ll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals. Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Arrange appropriate assignments and experiences to support others’ learning and development.
- Seek out different ways to use current and relevant technological advances.
- Analyse marketplace trends - economical, social, cultural, technological - to identify opportunities and create value propositions.
- Deploy methods to keep up with, and stay ahead of, new developments and ideas.
- Offer a global perspective in stakeholder discussions and when shaping solutions/recommendations.
- Drive and take ownership for developing networks that help deliver what is best for stakeholders.
- Proactively manage stakeholders to create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting

6 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:
CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar

Extensive knowledge of the tax issues facing multinational US companies or publically traded entities, especially in the areas of tax compliance and consulting services tailored to organizations with domestic operations with the goal of tax minimization.

Extensive technical skills in tax accounting and financial reporting. Comprehensive technical skills working with tax tools and resources including tax provision and compliance software such as Corptax, OneSource, or other similar platforms. Thorough experience identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection. Thorough experience as a team leader: leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.

Demonstrates a proven record of success as a tax technical team leader generating new business, proposal writing and delivery, collaborating across engagements and business units. Identifying opportunities to provide additional services with experience utilizing a CRM system in a professional services firm to network, develop relationships and sell additional/new services.

Demonstrates experience in a professional services environment utilizing automation & digitization in a professional services environment, including but not limited to:- innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leveraging data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- transforming the business by creating capacity and delivering an enhanced employee and client experience.

Proven experience with evaluating and negotiating new and existing contracts, as well as leveraging pricing tools to contribute to pricing strategies.

We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax