3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Jan. 19, 2020

Data Analytics Technologies, Big Data - Senior Associate

Full-time in Dallas, TX

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,981 ratings from 401 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Information Strategy, Architecture, and Governance practice, within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. You’ll make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge. Our team focuses on helping clients understand, plan for, and realise the strategic business opportunities presented by information technology. In joining, you’ll help us to bridge the gaps between business units and the Information Technology departments and unite them around a shared vision that powers the business by aligning Information Technology Strategy to business strategy, goals and strategic priorities.

As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
  • Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
  • Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
  • Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
  • Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
  • Share relevant thought leadership.
  • Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
  • Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

Demonstrates thorough knowledge of contributing on client engagement teams that design and develop business intelligence (BI) and predictive models for data warehouse (DW) information management architecture, including:
- Evaluating enterprise DW architecture feasibility, risk and technologies related to business change (i.e. assessing, identifying and recommending BI and related business stakeholders' data requirements; BI solution prototyping and development; processes and performance from business and technical standpoints; and the impact of data changes on business and/or IT processes);
- Advising CXO's on emerging BI/DW technologies and strategies consistent with clients' business strategies;
- Prioritizing, preparing and implementing BI and/or DW architectural improvements (i.e. developing and recommending alternative DW technical and data management solutions, methodologies, strategies and architectural improvement plans);
- Developing and validating business stakeholders' conceptual data models, including socializing and implementing logical and physical DW/data mart data models; identifying data sources and metadata (including business rules, definitions, attributes, etc.) to deliver analytic requirements.

Demonstrates thorough abilities to interact with end users to understand and document business and functional requirements for complex projects, including full software development life cycle, DW/BI/ETL tools and other related technologies, including:
- Enterprise data management, data warehousing and/or business intelligence; data modeling, integration and/or synchronization, quality, security, conversion and analysis; database administration; and/or enterprise data management policies, procedures, compliance & risk management. This includes a minimum of having participated in two full life cycle implementations;
- Architecture, design and development of enterprise business intelligence and data warehousing solutions, including utilizing leading ETL/BI tools and the ability to architect a solution;
- Design and development of data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching that leverages knowledge within data, master data, metadata and technology management.

Demonstrates proven thorough skills and success participating in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment that utilize creative thinking skills and individual initiative, including the following:
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; approaching client in an organized manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks; researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters; utilizing problem-solving skills; and, communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences (including various levels of management and external clients) in a professional business environment;
- Coaching and collaborating with associates who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance.