At PwC, we respect and value differences. When people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people and society. Learn more
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 6,217 ratings from 417 employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You’ll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm’s people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our team helps bridge the relationship between leadership and employees at PwC through Human Resources solutions. You’ll handle issues on operation management, strategic partnership, employee relations and emergency responding.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
Focus on building trusted relationships.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience: 4 year(s)
Degree Preferred: Bachelor Degree
PHR or SPHR
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in human resources policies and practices, preferably within a professional services environment, including, but not limited to, the following areas related to the internal operations of a global network of professional services firms:
- Coaching and development;
- Talent management;
- Performance management;
- Employee relations;
- HR policy interpretation;
- Effectively implement diversity initiatives;
- Workforce planning and budgeting; and,
- Alternative talent pools including global workforces and third-party labor.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success within a role involving human resources management, preferably within the internal operations of a network of global professional services firms, which includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Accountable for the execution of the People Strategy implementation and HR support within assigned market, including coaching and development, talent management, performance management and facilitation;
- Serve as a trusted advisor to partners/leaders focused on accelerating the development of our people;
- Collaborate with partners/leaders to identify issues and to develop and execute action plans across all areas of our people strategy including diversity, development, performance management, rewards and recognition; - Proactively lead partners/leaders in identification and management of high-potential talent and succession planning, retention efforts, connectivity, and diversity initiatives;
- Leverage tools from Onboarding teams, supports assimilation of new hires and interns to the team/practice, reviewing initial client assignments, and chargeability and diversity initiatives;
- Advise partners/leaders in developing and executing plans (e.g., broad-based work experience, workforce planning) to address both short and long term needs/skill gaps;
- Leverage understanding of the practice to positively influence deployment decisions with goal of balancing workload, optimizing utilization, promoting flexibility, diversity initiatives, and providing broad-based experiences and developmental opportunities while balancing firm and client needs; and,
- Team with Deployment Consultant, including liaising with Global Mobility teams on short and long term talent deployment, package review and transition, and repatriation.