A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC’s system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you’ll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in making IT design recommendations including the following areas:
- Working with Architectural design and application delivery;
- Leading efforts within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative and waterfall, using blended resources;
- Demonstrating analytical thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug and resolve technical issues and experience with Lean IT principles and data driven approaches;
- Orchestrating Microservices to create business APIs and REST API design and creation;
- Implementing within APIM platform and knowledge of security models with hands on experience with API management platforms (MuleSoft, Apigee, Layer 7, Kong or others);
- Demonstrating experience with API testing including test automation, load and performance testing;
- Managing and implementing SLA of highly available, robust and scalable API platform and platform sizing;
- Engaging with SSO and integrating with various enterprise IdAM platforms and NoSQL database (DocumentDB, Cloud Datastore, MongoDB);
- Working with Source control using GIT, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradle, Ant, TFS;
- Testing Unit experience such as JUnit, nUnit or MOQ;
- Implementing CI/CD pipelines and DevOps practices;
- Working with Cloud based platforms and services (Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, AWS); and,
- Interpreting and translating goals into technical specifications to drive technology change.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in strategic IT including the following areas:
- Leveraging business and domain acumen to interpret and translate architecture plans to business plans;
- Supervising and establishing delivery of project initiatives;
- Participating in the development of thought leadership to influence their sphere of technology in the use of innovation to advance business capabilities;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create a competitive advantage;
- Participating in application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, resolution of technical issues and application rationalization;
- Displaying initiative and an ability to lead others;
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; and,
- Demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.