Procore Technologies logo

Procore Technologies

4.4 | Carpinteria, CA | Computer Software | 1001 to 5000 Employees

A message from Procore Technologies

We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment and welcome builders of all backgrounds to join our mission Learn more

Posted a week ago on Oct. 13, 2020

Principal Software Engineer - Internal Tools

Full-time (Can work remote)
See at-a-glance how well companies like Procore Technologies support the things that are important to you.
4.9
4.8
4.7
4.7
4.6
Procore Technologies is a computer software company headquartered in the Carpinteria, CA area with 1001 to 5000 employees. Procore Technologies has a 4.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,536 ratings from 102 employees. Employees have left 21 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer - Internal Tools to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically under-served industry.

Quality Engineering is evolving at Procore and we’re looking for passionate system thinkers to help shape this transformation. As a Principal Software Engineer - Internal Tools, you’ll help grow the Internal Tools team and develop the systems used to deliver the Procore Platform with quality and velocity. You’ll push our systems to their limits and beyond, working closely with our Software Delivery team to optimize our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, working to enhance or introduce new internal test tools and frameworks, providing our engineers with the transparency needed to move swiftly and with confidence.

This position will report to a member of our Engineering Management team and has the opportunity to be located in any of our US offices. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.

What you’ll do:

• Work cross functionally to create the tools and resources needed to enhance the ability for development teams to assess the quality of what they are developing
  • Provide the vision and organizational leadership to help identify organizational gaps in our internal validation tooling
  • Propose solutions to fill these organizational gaps and run proof of concept experiments to determine appropriate solutions; work with Internal Tools team, architects and internal stakeholders on implementation
  • Ensure successful adoption of internal tools by providing best practices and effectively communicating across the organization
  • Mentor software developers and junior engineers on the Internal Tools team, providing technical guidance and assistance on how to utilize internal tooling
  • Leverage our tech stack of AWS, Kubernetes, CircleCI, Spinnaker and an internal tool for CD; Java and Typescript languages

What we’re looking for:

• Computer Science degree or comparable understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, databases (operating principles, schema design, and SQL), networking, and security
  • 12+ years experience in software engineering fundamentals, test driven development and design principles (Ruby on Rails, Python, C#, Java, or similar languages preferred)
  • Experience building modern CI/CD systems at scale
  • Understanding of the tradeoffs between short-term and long-term goals and balancing immediate needs with strategic initiatives
  • Experience working with software, platforms, and infrastructure at scale (we run thousands of hosts and have millions of users)
  • Experience as a technical leader on large initiatives with the ability to course correct as needed
  • Proven expertise with modern web development including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
  • Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class

About Us

Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!

We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.

Perks & Benefits

You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.