We’re looking for a Manager, R&D Analytics to lead the R&D Analytics team to support operations and company growth. In this role, you’ll manage a squad of Business Intelligence Analysts and Engineers who oversee the structure, analysis, and reporting on a variety of datasets. You’ll lead and guide your squad by implementing technical and analytical approaches/methodologies and assist with the interpretation of results for use in decision-making, metric development, and strategic planning for stakeholders.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with R&D’s Engineering, Product, and Operations teams to determine business requirements and define and design metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Continually measure and optimize data quality across data marts and sources
- Proactively analyze marketing and sales data and KPIs; develop insights, make recommendations and communicate results to Executives and business leaders
- Effectively use qualitative and quantitative data appropriately to help inform the decision-making process
- Identify business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs
- Provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems
- Understand and leverage advanced mathematical and statistical concepts and theories to analyze and collect data from disparate sources and construct solutions to business problems such as segmentation, pricing, forecast, churn, etc
- Educate and train stakeholders to adopt and use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis and option exploration
- Facilitate information gathering, structured documentation, and presentation of findings to all levels of management
- Communicate division and department goals to the team, ensuring expectations align with broader organizational goals
- Plan and manage employee performance; provide coaching and professional development opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years in a leadership role, preferably in a SaaS B2B environment
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Management, Information Systems, or any other quantitative discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with relational databases and leveraging enterprise-reporting tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with developers with the ability to translate business requirements to technical deliverables
- Familiarization with requirements tracking and workflow tools
- Ability to gather cross-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks; translate business requirements to technical deliverables
- Demonstrated experience understanding customer needs, and translating them into effective solutions
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.)
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar BI/Data Visualization tool
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of Amplitude a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.