Procore Technologies logo

Procore Technologies

4.4 | Carpinteria, CA | Computer Software | 1001 to 5000 Employees

A message from Procore Technologies

We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment and welcome builders of all backgrounds to join our mission Learn more

Posted a month ago on Sept. 23, 2020

Senior Director, IT Security

Full-time in Austin, TX
See at-a-glance how well companies like Procore Technologies support the things that are important to you.
4.9
4.8
4.7
4.7
4.6
Procore Technologies is a computer software company headquartered in the Carpinteria, CA area with 1001 to 5000 employees. Procore Technologies has a 4.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,536 ratings from 102 employees. Employees have left 21 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

We're looking for a Senior Director of IT Security to architect and maintain the security posture of Procore. In this role, you’ll lead our high-performing IT Security team dedicated to designing innovative security solutions for our internal customers, developing secure solutions for our external customers, while enhancing Procore’s compliance and governance capabilities.

As Senior Director of IT Security, you’ll establish the vision for cybersecurity, Identity Access management, Data Loss Prevention, Security Operations, and Risk Management for the organization. You will report critical information back to CIO and Board to ensure the security and risk structure is clear to the executives. Working collaboratively with our Sr. Director of Product Security as well as other leaders across the organization, you will manage and solve security operations problems with minimal disruption to other business functions.

This position will report to our Chief Information Officer with the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered based experience with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.

What you’ll do:

• Support large-scale IT business application services by managing information and cyber-security activities
  • Investigate and troubleshooting of security issues to determine root cause and drive effective security solutions
  • Ensure continuous improvement of policies, procedures, and technology
  • Hire, train and assess the performance and provide career development of direct reports
  • Coordinate with system architects and developers to provide guidance in creating and integrating secure designs
  • Lead solution planning and estimation of programs and projects; including preparing and presenting project plans, status reports, cost/benefit studies, and recommend funding and resources
  • Partner with Procore’s Business Risk Leaders and end-users to evaluate and improve processes to deliver mutual, budget-conscious solutions
  • Manage deployments around critical scenarios of potential data loss for endpoint, network, data-at-rest, and virtual environments
  • Conduct project reviews, feasibility, cost benefit analysis, prioritization, initiation, execution, and closure for all project work
  • Partner with Senior Management to define priorities, direction, and drive timelines; communicate clearly on progress, concerns, and program maturity
  • Oversee architecture and ongoing assessment of current and next-generation security technologies

What we are looking for:

• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related Cyber-Security certifications and/or equivalent work experience
  • 5+ years of experience Directing an IT Security team with 10+ years of combined experience in an Infrastructure or Security Architecture, Security Engineering, or Security Operations role
  • Experience in software development and applied cryptography, preferably in large SaaS enterprise environment
  • Experience managing a Corporate Security Team in a company with 1000+ employees
  • Experience in public cloud architecture and operations running in multiple substrates
  • Proven experience leading and motivating a team of engineers in a challenging, dynamic and global environment
  • Knowledge of distributed systems and architecture
  • Experience in a fast-paced, 24/7 support environment
  • Experience with deploying and maintaining Unix/Linux Internals
  • Knowledge of Infrastructure Security

About Us

Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.

We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.

Perks & Benefits

You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.