Pocket Gems logo

4.8 | San Francisco, CA | Entertainment | 201 to 500 Employees
Posted a week ago on Oct. 12, 2020

Senior Software Engineer

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Pocket Gems support the things that are important to you.
4.7
4.7
Female Representation in Leadership
4.3

Pocket Gems is an entertainment company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 201 to 500 employees. Pocket Gems has a 4.8-star InHerSight Score, based on 44 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees.

Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.

Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.

As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll pioneer the next generation of mobile games, tools, and features, with rapid release cycles that will have an immediate impact. We’re a very collaborative team, focused on deeply understanding our millions of users in order to consistently surprise and delight them.

Note: This role is open to remote employment for those who reside in California or Washington State.

What You’ll Do:

• Design and code innovative, scalable, and robust features
  • Balance the technical and product roadmaps within the team
  • Collaborate closely in a small, nimble, cross-functional team with creatives in an iterative agile environment, providing (and receiving) regular feedback to/from product managers, artists, engineers, and designers
  • Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release

What You Bring to Engineering Team:

• 5+ years of engineering experience,
  • Strong team building and empowering skills; you love building and mentoring scalable and high-performing teams of engineers at all levels
  • Fluent in C++ or C#
  • Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
  • A love for gaming development
  • BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience

Extra Gems For:

• Prior entertainment or gaming industry experience
  • Extra interest in building and playing core games, such as FPS, RTS, MOBA, RPG

Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.

Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.

#LI-Remote #WA