Strategic Analytics Manager - Category Mgmt & Insights, Personal Health (Stamford CT)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Strategic Analytics Manager will provide strategic and analytic support for the marketing and sales team using data and analyses to uncover problems and inform critical business decisions. Among the challenges that you will pursue are linking online and offline data sources, creating strategic reports for varying levels and management and identifying profitable opportunities through category management principles. As a member of the Category Management and Insights team, you will partner with category and digital leaders to influence business strategy and solve complex problems. You will be an individual contributor that can fuse your analytic and data management skills to help Philips continuously improve in this area.
You are responsible for
- Provide business intelligence and reporting for marketing, sales and the analytics teams
- Detect root causes of changes in metrics and effectively communicate these insights to critical audiences both internal and external
- Identify levers to move key metrics
- Build and automate dashboards and reports
- Conduct in-depth research and provide quantitative analysis to evaluate new projects and business opportunities by defining metrics and frameworks
- Collaborate with category owners and leaders to uncover challenges in each line of business and create data-driven solutions to solve them
- Partner with the larger data science and analytics team + partners to develop solutions to improve internal workflows and tooling
- Mentor and train colleagues to use data and tools to improve their business performance
You are a part of
The Strategic Analytics Manager is a member of the Category Management and Insights Team and will report to the Director of that group. You will work collaboratively with brand marketers, category managers, sales associates and digital leaders. This position is based in Stamford, CT.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree required; MBA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience working with large data sets involving both brick & mortar and e-commerce information and performing advanced quantitative analysis. Demonstrates strong technical and analytical aptitude.
- High-level expertise in all Microsoft Office Suite tools, and experience with advanced analytics and/or reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, R, SQL, Adobe Analytics) preferred
- Significant experience manipulating and interpreting secondary data and unstructured data sources
- Proven ability to design and deploy analytics tools that are widely adopted and used to drive business results.
- The ability to drive results and solve problems
- A love of change which is the only constant
- Well versed in syndicated data tools as well as ecommerce data sets and tools
- Self-starter with problem-solving skills
- Consumer packaged goods experience and proven experience working with manufacturers and/or retailers is desired
- Solid foundation of category management principles and experience having conducted category analyses in the CPG industry is desired
- Ability to occasionally travel (less than 15%)
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. We believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)