3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on June 26, 2020

Mechanical Engineering Project Engineer

Full-time in Bothell, WA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Mechanical Engineering Project Engineer

The Mechanical Engineering Project Engineer will be responsible for leading/managing the development of mechanical and electro-mechanical modules for new and existing platforms.

The Platform Mechanical Engineering (ME) team is part of the Ultrasound I2M (R&D) department and is responsible for the mechanical design and development of new Ultrasound Platforms as well as the support of existing Ultrasound Platforms. The team is split between Bothell, WA; Andover, MA; and Cambridge, MA. This position is based in Bothell, WA.

Key Responsibilities:

• Manage/Lead the development of mechanical and electro-mechanical modules for new and existing platforms, including design-partnering projects and internally designed modules.
  • Develop and maintain detailed project plans and schedules, including effective management of project scope, requirements, schedule, cost, and risk/contingency plans.
  • Effectively manage project work in alignment with internal processes, including completion of associated process documentation deliverables.
  • Effectively work with suppliers and design partners, including part/module development and resolving technical issues.
  • Successfully work through complex issues with cross-functional team members and drive effective resolution.
  • Provide timely project status reports and other communications to management and stakeholders.
  • Drive continuous improvement projects related to design implementation, manufacturing process, product quality and reliability.

Job Requirements/Skills:

• Proven excellence in technical leadership, including demonstrated abilities to coach, communication effectively, and lead/influence teams.
  • Demonstrated leadership skills in areas of coaching, communication, facilitation, team leadership.
  • Exceptional technical communication skills including presentations and writing/documentation for regulated medical device design environment.
  • Experience with document control systems (E-Matrix, Agile) and FDA/ISO regulated medical device design environment.
  • Able to lead and review mechanical engineering design and analyses.
  • Knowledge of good design practices and experienced with DFMEA.
  • BSME or MSME from an accredited university.
  • 3+ years Project Management experience preferably in R&D (PMP Certification preferred)
  • 5+ years as a Mechanical Design Engineer

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

In return, we offer you

The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1