At Philips, we simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home. Imaging Platform is seeking an imaging scientist in the areas of CT and/or PET. The scientist will be responsible for driving innovative physics based projects.
- Investigate and develop new/improved data corrections, including calibrations and image post processing with special focus on Image Quality. Conduct research independently, with minimal support.
- Continuously contribute to the development and maintenance of the R&D tools for data simulation and image formation for new product/features. Provide processing benchmarks, dataflow requirements, and documentation of Software Requirement Specifications.
- Develop and maintain a thorough in-depth understanding of current CT and/or PET physics processing algorithms. Understand the impact of proposed/required changes to the entire image chain, especially where changes in one processing section may require changes in another.
- Investigate image quality issues during new product/features introduction or issues reported from installed base. Update stakeholders on image quality findings. Document and provide safe and effective solutions based on these findings.
- Utilize holistic or systems engineering approach for developing new product/features introduction. Keep up to date on software technologies and theoretical concepts, and participate in process improvement activities. Expand knowledge of clinical applications on medical imaging products and the relation to available processing options.
- Standardize and harmonize way of working with Philips core principles to add value for new product/features. Strive for improvement by benchmarking internally and externally.
- Develop and own Imaging Platform technology roadmap in physics. Represent Philips at technical and regulatory agencies/events. Publish in peer-reviewed journals and file intellectual property.
You are a part of:
Work as part of the Imaging Physics and Algorithm team to support Imaging Platform needs from a Physics perspective. Interact with the global Philips teams to conceive and develop new physics based corrections leading Image Quality improvements. Utilize the framework of the Advanced Development Tools to facilitate simulation and prototyping of imaging physics. Enhance and improve R&D Tools to better support the needs for image formation efforts.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Ph.D. in Physics, Biomedical, Electrical or Nuclear engineering or related fields.
- At least 3 years of evidence of high initiative and graduate level research work on in one or more of such fields: medical physics, medical imaging, inverse problems etc.
- Ability to work independently to draw necessary information from a variety of sources in pursuit of a problem solution.
- Excellent written and communication skills – ability to document and explain complicated algorithms and problems to non-specialists in a clear and understandable manner.
- Background in theory of medical image formation preferred.
- Proficiency with the image/signal processing, GUI and C-MEX functionality of the MATLAB® environment or other computing language.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)