Mechanical Engineer - STET
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be responsible for the mechanical design, development and sustaining of Ultrasound systems as well as the support of other solutions within North America based business and modalities. You will be responsible for leading the support of mechanical issues pertaining to existing platforms after production launch as well as support ongoing supplier transfer projects.
You are responsible for
- Supporting existing Ultrasound systems in production including investigating root cause of product issues found in manufacturing and early life customer systems and implement product design solutions to improve manufacturability and prevent recurrence of defects
- Supporting strategic supplier transfer projects using mechanical engineering skills to deliver on drawing reviews, FMEA, FAI reviews, et al
- Managing and executing several lifecycle mechanical projects across multiple platforms by making decisions based on project needs, priorities and timelines
- Supporting existing Ultrasound systems in production including root cause analysis of product issues found in manufacturing and early life customer systems, and implementing product design solutions to improve manufacturability and prevent recurrence of defects
- Reviewing, creating and modifying mechanical 3D designs, and 2D drawings in Solidworks and potentially other tools for legacy products
- Driving continuous improvement projects related to design implementation, manufacturing process, product quality and reliability
You are a part of
our global organization that delivers impactful projects to multiple businesses within Philips. You will be based in Bothell, WA, with a high-impact, global organization within Philips that works across all modalities – The Supplier Transfer Excellence Team (STET). STET has been established as an entrepreneurial organization that focuses on fast-paced, high-quality portfolio transfers within the Philips global supply base to mitigate risk & maximize profitability. In addition, the organization is responsible for supporting ongoing sustaining engineering efforts within businesses
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS of Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- 3 years plus of experience in an engineering environment
- 1 year plus project management experience
- Project engineering certification preferred (e.g., PMP)
- Eager to learn and grow technical skills in an exceptional environment
- Strong collaborative abilities, proactively seeking out expertise, advice and input from others while working with both internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Methodical, effective troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Proficient in CAD, specific experience and proficiency in SolidWorks required.
- Technical writing/documentation skills for regulated medical device design environment, including requirements definition
- Self-motivated, able to carry out assignments with limited instruction, and efficiently plans, manages, and delivers development work for complex projects
- Knowledge of good design practices and experienced with DFMEA.
- Exposure to Mechanical Engineering design with knowledge in part design for Plastics, Sheet Metal, and Die Casting. Analysis skills including capability in thermal, structural, and tolerance analyses a plus
- Capable of evaluating design margins, tolerances, and reliability factors including, wear, materials strength, chemical compatibility, and compounding environmental effects
- Proficient in CAD (Solidworks) and Project Engineering software (MS Project, Visio)
- Capable of managing project work in alignment with internal processes
In return, we offer you
an influential position on our STET team as a key ME driving sustaining projects and supplier transfers to completion. In this role you have the chance to be a real game changer and have direct impact on business results. You will also have the opportunity to grow your career at Philips by having contact with multiple departments and groups.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)