We welcome you to join Philips ECR (Emergency Care and Resuscitation) as a Technical Writer in our Bothell, WA location
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Create user documentation for Philips Healthcare ECR (Emergency Care and Resuscitation) products, in a highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with product development teams, engineers, localization engineers, other technical writers and the regulatory and quality teams, to ensure that documentation meets project plan requirements and audience needs.
You are a part of
Philips Emergency Care and Resuscitation systems help you respond to emergencies quickly and effectively wherever they occur. We offer a wide range of innovative, evidence-based emergency care and resuscitation solutions. We support you with clinical training, services, accessories and programs to help give those you treat the best chance of returning to an active, normal life.
Technical Writing and Learning Products team is responsible for end-user technical documentation for Philips ECR products and produces user documentation, service documentation, customer training materials and user interface support.
- Researching, interpreting, analyzing and writing, by interpreting technical source information and determining appropriateness for inclusion into documentation and other content development.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Localization, Product Management, Engineering, Quality and Regulatory, to produce high quality and accurate customer documentation that ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Following established style and content standards.
- Actively participating in daily Scrum stand-up meetings, weekly planning, review meetings and estimating the relative size of tasks.
- Creating concise customer-facing technical content such as Online Help, User Guides, Installation Guides, Administrator Guides, for one or more hardware/software products.
- Maintaining legacy documentation as needed in FrameMaker and MadCap Flare.
- Testing the user interface for consistency, simplified workflow and internationalization.
- Validating, testing, reviewing and editing new and existing customer documentation for quality.
- Using authoring tools such as Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, SDL Tridion Docs, MS Suite and MadCap Flare.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in technical writing or related field.
- 5 + years of experience writing and producing technical documentation for products.
- Exceptional communication skills, with ability to research, interpret, analyze and write by interpreting technical source information.
- Ability to prioritize work, balance multiple projects concurrently and meet strict deadlines.
- Expertise with Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat Pro and strong knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry and following mandatory processes (preferably in the medical device industry).
- Some graphic design experience (a plus).
- Experience working with DITA (a plus).
In return, we offer you
Opportunity to actively support a wide range of innovative, evidence-based emergency care and resuscitation solutions helping provide life-saving therapy.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the United States currently.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)