3.3 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on Jan. 7, 2020

Biomedical Equipment Technician I, Multi-Vendor Services, Los Angeles, CA

Full-time in Los Angeles, CA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,149 ratings from 80 current or former employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Biomedical Equipment Technician I, Multi-Vendor Services, Los Angeles, CA

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Support Philips customers in the area. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites.

You are responsible for (but not limited to)

• Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. Serves as customer contact on technical and service related problems.
  • Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures.
  • Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
  • Prepares reports for analysis of product failure trends and service ability issues.
  • Stimulating and guiding of less complex world class field service processes.
  • Operates relatively autonomous within procedures, methods and techniques

You are a part of a team

Working as part of our Global Sales and Service organization, you’ll benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience in the electronics industry, preferably in a field service environment. BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET preferred.
  • Understand and apply electronic, mechanical and networking theory to install, diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.  Understanding of mechanical theory preferred.
  • Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined and the ability to work independently and communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
  • Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
  • Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance
  • Have and maintain a valid driver’s license.

In return, we offer you

We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Los Angeles, CA

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1