3.4 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on Aug. 1, 2019

Full-time in Andover, MA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,017 ratings from 69 current or former employees. 22 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Your Challenge

Patient Care Analytics is chartered with leading the informatics revolution within the Critical Care healthcare space. We are looking for a talented software test automation engineer who is passionate about software quality with emphasis on development and implementation of test automation. This includes employing and maintaining a test automation framework.

The ideal person will possess software testing best practices and good problem solving skills to deliver a high quality software solution.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;

• Designing, developing and supporting test automation frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to the development teams
  • Ensure the overall quality of the software by performing all levels of testing (Functional, Regression, Negative, Ad-hoc, Smoke and Sanity Testing)
  • Analyze user stories and requirements for validity and testing feasibility
  • Develop test approach and test scenarios based on system requirements
  • Ensure a high level of software quality by following standards and automating as many tests as possible before delivery
  • Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven throughout the SDLC
  • Actively research and recommend new methods to improve testing quality, coverage and efficiency.
  • Effectively Work together with clinicians, product owners, testers, and other software developers in an Agile/Scrum environment.
  • Mentor team members on test automation.

Qualifications include;

• At least 5 years of experience and strong background in implementing and maintaining automation frameworks.
  • Ability to write test plans, analyze test results, and author test reports.
  • Experience in developing and executing high quality test scripts.
  • Experience with writing detailed test cases in BDD such as Gherkin.
  • Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to C#, SpecFlow, Cucumber, JavaScript, Angular, Microservices/REST APIs.
  • Experience with writing test automation source code.
  • Knowledge about CI/CD and how to integrate test within.
  • Ability to author and contribute to automation best practices documentation.
  • BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.

This role will initially be based in our Andover office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site at Cambridge Crossing, a large development underway on the Cambridge-Somerville-Boston line. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be our largest North American R&D innovation center. The new office is set to open in early 2020.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1