Sr. Manager, Product Research Center
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be the voice of the consumer for the full range of products across the Philips Oral Healthcare portfolio and assure that the right choices are being made. As Sr. Manager you will be responsible for supervision of the team, composition of the team as well as competence development and coaching to ensure todays and future efficient operation of the Product Research Center (PRC) function.
- Determining, in consultation with Leadership, the departments objectives, policies, processes and budgets, ensuring that the organization can meet the objectives and that the roles and responsibilities are put in place.
- Formulating and implementing long term PRC vision and strategy: steering the group to enable maximum business value in the future. Content wise, inspiring and contributing to cross-organizational strategy and project teams.
- Managing capabilities of the department; to develop and maintain a long-term view on the required capabilities and knowledge to introduce new technology.
- Ensuring that there are adequate resources and tools at the proper time, including the technology and architecture in the department
- Ensuring appropriate personnel management practices regarding recruitment and selection, adequate staffing, remuneration, performance appraisals, education and training, and management development policies especially for advanced project development.
- Participating with other senior managers & leadership to establish strategic plans and objectives for competence within R&D general area and manages the key KPIs for innovation management.
- Providing day-to-day guidance and coaching also a inspiring work environment. Is responsible for quality of the results including overall control of (team) budgeting, managing expense priorities, recommending and implementing changes to methods and staffing and planning.
- Defining a global competence strategy to ensure excellent user experience research and align across Personal Health
- Setting global quality standards for the competence (Tools/Methods/COP’s), provide necessary training and monitor design quality from initiation through delivery.
Within the Oral Healthcare business category, the Product Research Center provides strategic leadership and vision to enable user experience short and long-term goals within the R&D organization with a keen focus on Innovation to Market strategy. You will be a member of the R&D Management team, reporting to the Global R&D Business Leader.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s Degree and relevant experience in a high innovation industry, including 10+ years of progressive related work experience, preferably in a senior leadership role with a strong consumer-context
- Ability to work effectively across organizational and geographic boundaries, building bridges between teams. Including influence activities outside User Experience Research (PRC) scope e.g. marketing, operation, service
- Demonstrated ability to define a competence strategy
- Proven experience leading and influencing development teams in a globally dispersed matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills and proven track record for developing high-trust relationships, including during times of escalations
- Exposure with Lean/Agile development methodologies
- Stakeholder management across all levels of leadership
- Proposition development: Insight to Concept, Concept to Detailed Requirements
- Comfortable navigating and managing organizational complexity and driving efficiency and effectiveness, being a thought leader
- Clinical research or medical device experience (usability engineering, requirements management) is strongly preferred
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)