STET Transfer Leader - Mechanical, Design
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Drive Global Transfers on ME design projects managing high impact, complex transfer projects that enables Philips to reduce risk, improve profitability, align with Philips’ strategic supply base and optimize supply chain flexibility. The primary function within this role is to execute fast-paced, high quality transfer projects.
You are responsible for
- Leading the execution of large-scale projects that drive the local sourcing strategies to deliver the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection in sync with the relevant commodity manager, supplier development, and supplier consolidation for assigned initiatives
- Productivity targets in assigned spend/projects
- Performing detailed cost analysis of material and manufacturing processes to ensure that high quality products are delivered at lowest cost from target suppliers
- Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure that all business needs are met & improved through sourcing projects.
- Accountability for working with colleagues in a matrix organization to deliver on targets as ONE TEAM
- Data accuracy in reporting for assigned spend/projects
- Leveraging industry & internal experts as needed to ensure product requirements are fully defined to enhance quality through transfer projects
You are a part of
A high-impact, global organization within Philips that works across all modalities – The Supplier Transfer Excellence Team (STET). STET has been established as a global organization that focuses on fast-paced, high-quality portfolio transfers within the Philips global supply base to mitigate risk & maximize profitability. As a member within this team, the transfer leader is responsible for driving technical & project management excellence within said projects, working with colleagues in US, EU & Asia to ensure first-time-right quality.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a high-tech industry with a focus on mechanical engineering design and 3+ years experience in project management and the ability to lead teams and influence cross-functional stakeholders, preferred
- Experience with cost engineering and management
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, across functions and organizational layers
- Experience with global supplier management
- Deep experience in understanding technical product requirements and translating it such that colleagues within the global matrix organization can deliver to desired results
- Proven ability to manage relationships at all org levels
- Demonstrated ability in working in a complex/global environment
In return, we offer you
A key position in our STET organization as a global player in driving ME projects to completion. In this role you have the chance to be a real game changer and have direct impact on business results. You get the unique opportunity to shape this organization by driving critical STET improvements and business continuity.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)