In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Help create a healthier society through meaningful work.
Philips is the leader in Image-Guided Therapy, providing integrated solutions that advance minimally invasive procedures. We help healthcare providers to decide, guide, treat and confirm the right care in real time during the procedure to enable better outcomes for each patient and at population level.
Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices (IGT-D), helps healthcare providers to focus on improving treatment for every patient.
Our integrated solutions advance the art of minimally invasive procedures for patients with coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease or lead extraction indications. The medical community seeks ever more precise, accurate and efficient tools in order to decide, guide, treat and confirm the right therapy for the right patient at the point of care.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible contributing to the design and development of intravascular imaging and functional measurement devices. You will utilize your knowledge and expertise in circuit design and testing to create market-leading products. This position within IGT-D R&D collaborates closely with other R&D functions (mechanical, systems, etc.), Marketing, Clinical Affairs, Procurement, and Quality Regulatory.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in project teams in Advanced Development, New Product Introductions, failure investigations, etc
- Develop, fabricate, and test prototypes for feasibility, functionality, and performance assessments.
- Create and document electrical designs (e.g. schematics, drawings, test results, data analyses, PCB design etc.)
- Design, develop, modify and evaluate hardware systems and components per safety and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to dFMEA, DFT, DFM, risk management, verification & validation plans and reports, etc
- Identify, initiate and drive improvements within the electrical domain such as product, technical and process improvements.
- Assists engineering team in problem solving issues
- Communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- BSEE or MSEE – with emphasis in digital or analog circuit design.
- Experience in an Electronics lab environment utilizing the following test equipment: oscilloscope, power supplies, function generator and spectrum or network analyzer.
- Solid Understanding of circuit design with emphasis on digital and analog circuits.
- Able to read schematic and layout designs in aiding in the integration, bring up or trouble shooting of circuits.
- Familiar with Analog Circuits for example: Operational amplifiers, Current sensing topologies, Instrumentation Amplifiers, filter topologies and linear or SMPS power supply design.
- Familiar with Power distribution networks and basic signal integrity issues.
- Familiar with High Speed Digital and Analog testing and measurement technics.
- Familiar with basic digital communication busses like SPI, I2C, Jtag, etc.
- Experience with Verilog or VHDL hardware development language.
- Experience with FPGA or uController for small to medium design complexity.
- Familiar with High Speed Digital and Analog PCB layout Technics.
- Familiar with Xilinx or equivalent development tools
- Familiar with Mentor DX designer or equivalent Schematic Capture SW tools.
- Familiar with Mentor Pads PCB layout or equivalent SW tool.
- Competency with Microsoft Windows®, Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with statistics
- Experience with document control system. Windchill, Agile or other.
- Ability to create and document test plans and reports in an ECO medical device company.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)