In this role, you have the opportunity to
Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices Business Unit is seeking a Windchill Manager, within Philips Quality and Regulatory (Q&R) Organization. This role will manage, coordinate activities and set priorities for successive revisions of Windchill PLM System tool deployments. The Windchill Manager will be responsible for planning, deployment, and troubleshooting of post deployment phases. This person will work with members across Philips to communicate the User Needs of the IGTDD business group, then plan, communicate, manage, and launch Windchill upgrades for the Business Unit. Success for the Windchill Manager is measured by responsiveness and effectiveness when diagnosing and resolving issues and is accountable (to a degree) for successful deployment of each Windchill upgrade launch. This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Site Quality Lead for Compliance/QMS in San Diego for IGTDD.
You are responsible for:
- This person will lead deployment of Windchill software upgrades for IGTDD, in collaboration with the Business Process Expert (BPE) of Change Management
- The role’s scope includes educating teams on process changes, developing project plans, driving
project execution, and coordinating resolution of issues & risks.
- This role will work across functions including PQMS (local validation/verification), Q&R, R&D, Operations, IT, Finance, etc. for planning and deployment of the Windchill upgrades across the business. In addition, this role will serve as the system representative when the business introduces new or updated processes related to (or has an impact to) the Windchill software
- Establish a deployment playbook ( tasks, templates, training) to enable a repeatable process for each deployment project
- Ensure project teams understand process changes, requirements, and setups required.
- Communicate the status of each tool on schedule for deployment and the overall Business Unit’s deployment program
- Identify & track issues and risks; Engage Philips Global team and others to resolve issues and risks
- Facilitate resolution of issues by engaging stakeholders, driving actions, and digging into the details of processes and/or data (as required)
- Own all Windchill related change requests and corrective actions preventative actions (CAPAs)
- Serve as a representative of the business with the Philips Global team
You are a part of:
The localization group that is responsible for successful periodic deployments of Windchill PLM system revisions, in collaboration with a global team of software validation experts. This role is considered the local Windchill system expert to support the IGTDD organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred
- 7+ years of relevant project management experience is preferred, including software tools project management.
- 1+ years of deployment experience of Windchill software (or equivalent) required.
- Must have a cross functional knowledge of the business organization and experience in regulated industry (Medical Device and/or Pharmaceuticals preferred)
- Must have working knowledge of 21 CFR 820, 21 CFR Part 11 and ISO 13485
- Must have experience in Program Management; Certification in PMP is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in influencing effectively without direct authority across an organization is required.
- Required skills in problem solving, planning and organizing, effective communication, attention to details and analytical skills.
- Showing initiative in innovative approaches to challenges in a fast-paced, changing global environment is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and/or internationally is required.
In return, we offer you
A challenging yet rewarding opportunity to lead project teams to implement critical tools (Windchill PLM system upgrades) that integrate with ERP tools (SAP) that run this mid-size business unit of a large global organization. This role will recognize an effective leader that is capable of managing successful Windchill deployments while simultaneously providing service to current users.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)