3.3 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a month ago on Jan. 16, 2020

Intern / Design Quality

Full-time in Plymouth, MN
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,149 ratings from 80 current or former employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

: intern- Design Quality

Intern - Design Quality - Twin Cities, MN - Summer 2020

Are you interested in an Intern opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing an undergraduate (BS) and/or graduate (MS) degree to participate in 6-month paid intern opportunities at our sites across the US. Through these roles you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience in engineering for a HealthTech company.

Job Description: In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the Design Assurance Quality team in remediating risk management files.

You are responsible for:

• Assisting Design Assurance engineering with Risk Management File Remediation activities.
  • This may include creation of new: Risk Management Plan, Product Hazard Analysis, Use FMEA, Design FMEA, Process FMEA, Risk Management Matrix, Risk Benefit Determination, Risk Management Report.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Completed at least 75% of studies in bachelor’s in engineering, biomedical, mechanical, electromechanical or related field.
  • Desire to understand and communicate how product is used, designed and manufactured and be able to accurately communicate risk when compared to the benefit the therapy provides.
  • Detail oriented, highly organized and be able to communicate information effectively.
  • Ability to multitask, take ownership, and collaborate cross functionally with others.

In return we will offer you the ability to work in a team environment where you will have the opportunity to learn from others and put your engineering skills to use.

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.

To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.