Senior Project Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
As a member of the Philips Innovation Services (PInS) US Innovation Hub, you will be in a leading role as an R&D Senior Project Manager to scope, define and lead highly innovative and critical medical device, solutions, and services projects. Your leadership may be in one or more phases of the product development lifecycle, including designing, developing, implementing, testing, producing, and improving medical devices, solutions, and services. This can be in the role of managing a PInS project team, or as the contracted project manager for a customer team. You will report directly into the PInS US Hub Site Manager based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and have a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Senior Project Management (SPM) group based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
You are responsible for:
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be leading a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled technical experts during one or more phases of the product development and maintenance life cycles. You will be responsible for advanced and complex innovative product development projects containing hardware and software, as well as potentially leading quality, reliability, and process improvement projects both internally and with key partners and suppliers. For this position we are looking for candidates with experience leading R&D projects for medical devices.
Your responsibilities as Senior Project Manager include:
- Teaming-up with the Marketing and Sales group to win the project in the acquisition phase
- Development of a committed project management plan in consultation with customer and management, ensuring requirements and deliverables definition within the constraints of Medical compliance
- Contribute to the segment and account domain teams to define strategy, market approach and develop an attractive PInS proposition and acquire projects
- Defining necessary competences and team composition to fulfil the assignment, arrange the necessary resources
- Build the team and give operational guidance
- Arrange where applicable outsourcing of Design and Manufacturing on basis of in house specification
- Identify Project risks and define risk reduction and mitigation plans
- Monitor and control the work performed and the quality of the deliverables comprising required corrective actions and agreed changes
- Communicate about the Progress towards Customer, Senior Management and Team
- Manage Stakeholders interests (including the interest of suppliers)
- Manage the acceptance and the transfer of deliverables to the customer
- Evaluate lessons and learned and deploy agreed process improvements
- Report on Employees performance; propose training and advice on career development to Resource managers
- Coach junior Project Leaders increasing their Project Management skills
You are a part of:
You’ll be part of Philips Innovation Services, an over 700-strong team of technology experts, designers, project managers and consultants who have decades of experience in supporting customers both inside and outside Philips - from major companies in sectors such as semiconductor manufacturing and healthcare to highly innovative start-ups.
As part of an ISO 9001 and ISO13485 certified flexible engineering services organization, you may support Philips Research, Philips Business Groups, or strategic free market customers in system development and integration activities in the US. Projects can include a variety of activities including concept development, system architecture and integration, and design, manufacturing, and maintenance in the medical device and solution space. You may also support less technical assignments, such as assessing projects or reviewing milestones in a complex operational and/or stakeholder setting.
This role will initially be based in our Andover office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site at Cambridge Crossing, a large development underway on the Cambridge-Somerville-Boston line. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be our largest North American R&D innovation center. The new office is set to open in early 2020.
For more information about Philips Innovation Services, please visit: http://www.innovationservices.philips.com/
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s desired) in mechanical, electrical, or software engineering, physics, or other technical domain
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in medical device development
- Relevant project experience in ISO13485 Medical Device Directive and or FDA compliance is highly appreciated
- Strong technical skills in Project Management
- PMI/PMP certified
- Experience with leading multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with Agile / Scrum and SAFe methodology is appreciated
- Experience with ODM (Outsourcing of Design and Manufacturing on basis of in house specification)
- Interest in connected products, in particular in complex systems, digital, embedded software and connectivity is appreciated
- Affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with managing the funnel from relatively vague requirements to well defined project with committed stakeholders
- You are a team player, with excellent communication skills and a customer centric attitude
- Willingness to travel to customer’s site as needed for project definition and execution (typical travel is 25-50%)
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship fora work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you:
Philips Innovation Services will provide you with stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, giving you the opportunity to expand your professional experience and exploit your talents to the full. Variation, job satisfaction, personal and professional development, plus an excellent remuneration and benefits package – all within a global leading-brand company that is dedicated to improving people’s lives. And most importantly, the ability to shape and grow your career in the directions you want to go.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)