3.4 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Manufacturing Engineer

Full-time in Carlsbad, CA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 970 ratings from 66 current or former employees. 22 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Manufacturing Engineer

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Ensure the manufacturing lines stay up and are running properly.  You will focus on solving technical issues associated with manufacturing and test/assembly equipment, as well as processes within the factory.

You are responsible for

• Developing and implementing new methods of manufacturing.
  • Providing technical leadership to resolve manufacturing and quality issues, including yield and nonconforming product.
  • Driving corrective actions with appropriate and detailed follow up.
  • Identifying, analyzing and implementing cost reduction projects, cycle time improvements and lean manufacturing techniques to improve product cost structure.
  • Executing design and process validation activities; statistical analysis, similarity and testing for manufacturing changes and the introduction of new assembly/test equipment.
  • Collaborating with other groups such as R&D, Quality, Project Management, Regulatory, Supplier Quality, Purchasing and Marketing, to develop new processes and transition new ventilator designs into manufacturing.
  • Identifying, specifying and coordinating the installation of new manufacturing equipment and upgrades, for process improvement.

You are a part of

The Connected Care business, which builds on our existing strengths, bringing together monitoring and therapeutic devices, software and services to create smart solutions to deliver on the quadruple aim of value-based healthcare (improved health outcomes, improved patient experience, improved staff satisfaction and lower cost of care).

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferred), other engineering degrees considered
  • 3+ years of experience within a manufacturing or engineering role
  • Experience in a regulated environment (REQUIRED, Med Device preferred)
  • Demonstrated ability to complete projects within a specified timeline with cross functional teams
  • Excellent communication (written and verbal), team leadership and interpersonal skills
  • Demonstrated experience with the validation, documentation  and exposure of Statistical Methods
  • Demonstrated ability to lead/work with others in cross functional teams

In return, we offer you

The opportunity to gain further expertise in manufacturing, while participating in LEAN initiatives. As well, you will have the chance to train further in problem solving, which will provide tools to support you in your future career.

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.

In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.

To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog. You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1

If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password  button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to careersite@philips.com